Archinect
anchor

Frank Gehry's new museum complex in Biloxi

Travelwade

Frank Gehry fans-- if you have the time--Biloxi isn't that far of drive down the road from NO he has a new museum complex being built--One of the buildings is for the Mad Potter. 

I visited last week, it's in the process of being built.  I found it interesting for a couple of reasons--use of brick veneer, right on the coast, and the lookout from the tippy top.

Also,

Across the bridge from Biloxi is Ocean Springs which is a cool old town, go and check out Shearwater Pottery and the WAMA museum.  More people should know about Walter Inglis Anderson.  

Apr 26, 11 11:56 am

Related news today: $300 Million "No Frank Gehry" Award

Apr 26, 11 11:58 am  · 
 · 

is queenan vying for a job at the onion? 

Apr 26, 11 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
Travelwade

That's funny.  Just think if that was you "$300 million "No Paul Petrunia" Award" but alas no.

Apr 26, 11 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

Or what about a "$3 no more spam from Travelwade" award?

Apr 26, 11 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Travelwade

Don't be a hater Paul.  Life's too short.

Apr 26, 11 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

Steven, that's funny, I was thinking that BD was going Onion.

Apr 26, 11 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

I'm not being a hater Travelwade... I'm just making a subtle hint to you to stop spamming our forum (refer to your other thread).

Apr 26, 11 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
Travelwade

Besides I'm not trying to spam, I'm trying to be helpful for those interested in NO.

· 
Travelwade

That's why on this post I left off my website.

· 
vado retro

we've been talking about a trip down to the mississippi gulf sometime. so, thanks for the info.

Apr 26, 11 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

and speaking of going Onion. We been there, ya'll...

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/23891/weapons-of-mass-destruction-found

Apr 26, 11 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
curt clay

i was in gulfport for a funeral over the new year and walked every inch of this magnificent complex... looking forward to seeing the completed work, but what is built now is a very compelling building... this was under construction back when katrina hit the gulf and is being built per it's pre-katrina design, so it looks and feels like early 90's Gehry, but that is not so much of a bad thing..

Apr 26, 11 5:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: