Archinect
anchor

What are things to do in NYC when...

jas

You've already been there a couple of times and have done all the "tourist" things and have visited all the museums? Although i will probably go to MoMA and the Met again.

Aug 2, 06 7:35 pm
planX

Next time LET NEW YORK FIND YOU.

Aug 2, 06 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
jas

Also...recommended hotels to stay that are in the $150 to $250 range...

Aug 2, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Weather permitting, one of my simple NYC pleasures was to sit in Union Square and people-watch, perhaps with a sandwich and a good book. There's always something interesting going on there.

Also, you can't go wrong exploring many of the city's varied neighborhoods on foot. Coney Island is also a very cool place to check out, if only for the gritty kitsch appeal.

Alternately, check out some of the places that my friend Kevin has featured on his site, Forgotten New York.

Aug 2, 06 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

If you're not travelling during peak tourist season, the LaQuinta Inn in Midtown near Penn Station isn't a bad place. It's clean, reasonably-priced, and in a convenient location.

Aug 2, 06 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

Hit up Nuyorican on a slam night.

Aug 2, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

...if you have to ask then maybe you should just stay in midtown where you belong, alrighty?

or maybe try a yankees game...that's in the bronx, pretty exotic, no?

Aug 2, 06 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
bafongul!

, puddly...stop being such a prix. i'm sure it's an honest question.

Aug 2, 06 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i mean, just think about...do you think abra or liberty bell or steven ward or any of the other archinect'rs would dare answer a question in such a snippy tone? and isn't it past you bed time anyhow?

Aug 2, 06 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

you're an asshole

Aug 2, 06 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

that's the first intelligent thing you've said. congratulations.

Aug 2, 06 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
tralala

Living In Gin... I love that site. Kudos to your friend. I've only checked out a few of the sites so far, but plan on making it through as many as possible before we move.

Along the same lines, I highly recommend the visiting the south end of Roosevelt Island via the air tram, which is free if you have a subway pass. The free shows at McCerran pool are also great for music, people watching and a bit of architectural history in one.

Aug 3, 06 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
tinydancer

ice skating in Bryan Park (depending on time of year of course)

Aug 3, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah...sleeper hold that's an awesome move.

Aug 3, 06 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Don't forget to ride the Staten Island Ferry across the harbor and back. It's free, and a great way to see the harbor.

Aug 3, 06 10:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: