Archinect
anchor

CAD Help

Chili Davis

I am currently working on a floor plan for a large office building. I received this file from our furniture rep who had bound the xref. Luckily she didn't explode the xref, because that would just compund my problem. I went ahead and deleted the block, and now I need to re-xref the architectural file into the furniture file. I have already done this successfully on 2 other files, however, when I attempt to xref the file this time, I get a message saying it is invalid because the file I am attempting to xref is a standard block in the current drawing. Does anyone have any clue how to solve this problem? This file needs to remain as an xref because we do running updated to the architectural and furniture plans independantly, so inserting as a block is out of the question.

Aug 1, 06 2:00 pm
cf

Purge the block?

Aug 1, 06 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Thanks cf, that worked. I've never had to do that before. I guess because this is the first time I've used xrefs that extensively.

Aug 1, 06 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Like CF said, purge the block.

In this situation, sometimes I run into a case where the block won't purge, even though it's already been erased. In such a case, use the "Quick Select" button at the upper-right of the properties window to select the block by name. Usually you'll get one selected even if it's not visible on the screen. Erase it and purge again, and you should be able to attach the Xref.

Aug 1, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

oops, cross-posted

Aug 1, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: