Archinect
anchor

water proof canvas---for a roof...

binary

i'm working on a small design/build project where the client wants a canvas stretched roof..exterior screen porch... any good links for products/where to buy?...i need some thick stuff since i have to design for snow loads/etc.....

thanks
b

Jul 31, 06 8:26 pm
some person
Denver International Airport
Jul 31, 06 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

Most of these canopies use PVC (or modified polymers) impregnated fabrics. It's basically the same shizz on the side of truck trailers. I'm in London so links here won't be of much use to you. I'm sure you can find one locally.

Aug 1, 06 8:43 am  · 
 · 
myriam

shadesail uses something like that. try calling them.

Aug 1, 06 10:18 am  · 
 · 
Becker

snow loads on pvc!?!? tough one. make sure your rake is high because the lifespan of pvc is already quite low, and it does stretch, especially if you are going to have snow on it.

good luck.

Aug 1, 06 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i was thinking due to snow, i would just build a roof system and have the canvas as the roof membrane and stretch it from the wall..... i have to cover about 10'x18' and the canvas will be attached to the exterior wall on the 18' side...... i really dont have much for a roof setup due to the limitations but i think my best way to make a canvad roof appear to be stretched and still take weight would to build a structure to take the load...... so i think i will have to venture that way... i also told the client that they could take the system down during winter but they didnt like that idea so now i can design in a more permanat way..

b

Aug 1, 06 9:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: