Archinect
anchor

AutoCAD help

samy

Can please some one tell me how to import CAD drawing in to Photoshop or pdf file.

Jul 27, 06 2:52 pm
Chili Davis

You have to export in CAD to a filetype readable by Photoshop, or get a .pdf writer.

Jul 27, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

You have to export in CAD to a filetype readable by Photoshop, or get a .pdf writer.

Jul 27, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

setup an .eps printer driver with the add-a-plotter wizard, or plot to .pdf if you have acrobat pro.

Jul 27, 06 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

cutepdf.com offers a free pdf writer, it works great too!

Jul 27, 06 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

no .. just.. print the file from autocad as eps 9 thats the best way of having a high resolution file.. let me tell you how:
in autocad 2005 as well as older versions do the following steps:
first you need to setup an eps printer:
1- Tools --- Options ----- Plot & Publish tab
2- click Add or configure plotters (leftside)
3- a window appears where it shows the different plotters already installed.. click on the Add- a plotter wizard ---- folow on screen instructions --- three options appears choose the first one which is my computer
4- two tables appear one manufacturer the second models for th emanufacturer choose adobe for the second choose post script level 2
5- click next then another one --- another window appears showin 3 options on the top: plot to a port - plot to file - autoport .. you choose plot to file
6- next.. name the printer
7- finish ( u can also configure this printer as resolution etc...)
8- go back to th efile that yu want to use
9- click print .. and choose from the drop down menu of printer / plotter name the ps printer that you already saved..
10- go along the same steps as you print a normal file .. u can specify the scale and everything. and click print
11- the file will be print to fie that means will be saved as .ps
12 go to photoshop and open it.
Ps: you can also apply pen assignements . lineweights through this
you can also print it as PDF but i prefer the PS method because it is more professional in printing and it assures the good quality of the files.

if you need anything.. just send me an email to [email protected] and i will be glad to reply.

regards

Jul 27, 06 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I forgot all about setting up a PS printer. I haven't done that in a couple years (haven't had the need) but after reading this I went through and added one incase I ever need it.

Thanks Aphro!

Jul 27, 06 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

you can download the freeware cute pdf as your pdf writer...after you install this on your computer, cute pdf will be listed in your lists of plotters in the plot dialog box...use cute pdf to create pdf files...

check if you have Adobe PDF installed as one of your plotters in the plot dialog box under the plotter drop down menu...if you do, then you can use that to plot pdf files...otherwise you have to go through the "add a plotter wizard" and add adobe pdf as a plotter...(im trying this add a plotter in 2006 now and adobe pdf i can't find...it worked with 2004)...the problem with the Adobe pdf as a plotter is that it doesn' let you print large sheets...i don't know maybe there's a way to import sheet sizes...

if you have illustrator, you can open autocad files in illustrator and then save it in jpeg or whatever other file type photoshop will open...

or the rugged way is print screen to a bitmap file

Jul 27, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

dam.. u should find the adobe pdf installed already.. if no tinstall adobe professional so itll b there again if you want custom sized sheets set up eps printer.. in that format u have more option..

also illustrator is a great tool for presentation.. and you can open them there.. and save them in any format you want but the problem in it tha tif you dont have the cad tools installed with illustrator you will not have a scaled document it will be more or less for visual presentation. but f you want a scaled document go with the postscript.

Jul 27, 06 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
aphro_al

ohh ur welcome chili anytime

Jul 27, 06 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
samy

Thanks everyone, that helps

Jul 27, 06 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
auvn

you can plot to JPG and Tiff also.

Jul 27, 06 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
e909

there was something flaky i read about cutepdf (spyware?)
anyway, i tried primo pdf (name similar), it had a nice feature but choked (on win xp)
i've been using PDFcreator. it can combine files from different apps (such as from wp then from img editor), although it always inserts page break between files.
it has some password settings also. and i think has levels of settings copy-ability.

both have freeware versions. those are what i've used.

Jul 28, 06 1:11 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I've been using CutePDF for about 3 years (The free version, of course) and I haven't had any problems or complaints to date.

Jul 28, 06 8:18 am  · 
 · 
postal

never! auvn! never plot to jpg's or tiff's!

Jul 28, 06 8:31 am  · 
 · 
Darren Hodgson

I second that strongly postal, .eps or .pdfs only

Come to think of it don't do screen grabs either as someone suggested earlier. Don't even get me started on where that is wrong.

Jul 28, 06 9:22 am  · 
 · 
aphro_al

of course not screen grabs.. thats a very low res.. thing.. stick to pdf and eps

Jul 28, 06 9:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: