Archinect
anchor

Architects in DRESDEN

Ann-ika

So, it seems I am going to live in Germany for a year. Since I have allready compleeted most of my years as a student of architecture I thaught that it may be good to have some practice before I start with my diploma work. So, does anybody know about any offices in Dresden where I could apply for an internship? I actually have no connections to Germany whatsoever ( I am from Sweden ) and I don't speak german - yet - so if anyone of you have some good advice about looking for a job and, well, living in Germany I would be glad if you could write a couple of words to me. Maybe someone here actually lives in Dresden. From what I've heard it is a beautiful city.
Any good advice when it comes to moving from one country to another would be helpful, actually. Where can I find people who want to talk architecture with me, for example?

Jul 26, 06 4:47 pm
melivt

annika,

go to the architektenkammer sachsen website

Under ORT, type dresden. Under Fachrichtung select architekt.

Be sure to check out the heinrich Tessenow work in the area.

Also, there is the UfA kino by Coop, the max planck building by heikkenen komonen, and the new synagogue.

Either way, have fun. drink a lot, and don't hang out with swedes or english speaking people.

Jul 26, 06 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

schlact haus funf.

Jul 26, 06 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

genau

Jul 26, 06 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Noch eine bier, bitte!

Studenten sind meine welt.

That's all I know but I can read aloud a pretty good Viennese accent if asked.

Jul 26, 06 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Sie benotigen etwas analyse!

Jul 26, 06 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
Ann-ika

melivt - thanks, I'll check that out.

Jul 27, 06 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman
Jul 27, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Ann-ika

le bossman, you just made my day. It is almost hypnotic, isn't it?

Jul 28, 06 4:45 am  · 
 · 
noci

why, oh why DRESDEN?! come hang out with us in berlin, instead.
dresden is full of shithead faschists from Pirna, the most right wing town in germany. it's right next to dresden. fun indeed!

Jul 28, 06 8:19 am  · 
 · 
Ann-ika

noci- oh, well, I guess I'll have to spend my days fenmding those of then. Actually, my boyfriend is the one who chose Dresden since he is going to study something I don't understand there. Bio-something. But I will probably be going quite frequently to Berlin since I really like that city.

Jul 28, 06 9:56 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

...yes...

Jul 28, 06 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: