Archinect
anchor

HighDesign - new mac cad app

ed fladung

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get into get into the Mac CAD thing. Been looking at SketchUp, Vectorworks, ArchiCAD, etc... and they all seem a bit clunky and mac os 9ish from the marketing videos i can find. I just ran across this new app HighDesign, it seems very intuitive and up to date, stylistically with Mac OS X. Also it's got a great price point, comparatively. But I'm looking for something that's not a toy.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it or if it's just too new, still, to be employed professionally. anyone got the skinny?

Jul 24, 06 10:52 pm
JohnProlly

Vectorworks 12 is great! Our office runs about 15 licenses and we've been using VW since it was Minicad. Nothing os9ey about it!

Jul 25, 06 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

if you go the VW way- remember that what ACAD calls 'layer' are called 'classes' in VW (and import this way)- paper space is the VW 'layers' and a few other paradigm differences. otherwise it's similar as a parametric/cadd drawing program.

Or you can go for Maya...

Jul 25, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Looks like a good app for those who usually prefer to draw by hand since those basic concepts integrated, the built in photogrammetry function looks really useful.

Aug 4, 06 2:07 am  · 
 · 
harold

One tip: always choose the software first, then the platform. Not vice versa.

Aug 4, 06 3:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: