Archinect
anchor

Seattle - Stage Designers / Concerts / Graphics

leander

Hey y'all...

Anyone know of any studios/companies specializing in this area of work? It doesn't have to be an arc. firm, either. I am tired of working in a strictly architectural office. Thought I'd use my skills to play around in the music field. Got any ideas?

You're the best.

Jul 24, 06 7:29 pm
treekiller

Most scenery and staging companies are in are LA, Nashville, Toronto and NYC - though a few reside elsewhere. It's a very insular and tight world that will take lots of gumption and effort to get a break.

Without a theatre background, your best chance of work is either as a roadie or drafting (mechanical/shop drawings) for a set fabrication/ staging company, but those jobs will be difficult to find in the pacific north west without crossing into vancouver.

A [url=http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=40780_0_42_100_C]brief thread on the life in hollywood[/ulr]. Life is not better in show business - the egos are bigger, the results are quicker, people are dumber, and the pain is the same!

Rock on!!!

Jul 24, 06 8:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: