Archinect
anchor

model picture

jlxarchitect

With a small scale model like 1"=20'-0" for a 4 story community center, I wonder what is the best way to make some shots for this model? I am thinking of some shots made by OMA, they looks very rough, but the view angle and scale are so right. For example It looks they put a very small camera under a building's entrance and put some people there then make a shot. Then the final picture shows the real dramatic feel and real scale of that space.

Any suggestions?

Jul 14, 06 11:01 pm
cln1

take hundreds of pictures and maybe a few will come out decent... shoot the model from below through a glass table

Jul 14, 06 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
binary

can also use a large mirror for a few angle tricks...... try a wide angle lense if you have one......... try to get a 6' angle height fromt he ground if possible...... ariel shots are a bit pointless if you are trying to push a design

b

Jul 14, 06 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

Thank you guys for your tips. I heard somone there is another method by twisting the existing camera into niddle camera. But don't know the detail. Hope someone can share the experience in this area.

Jul 15, 06 10:43 am  · 
 · 
binary

i have some nice pics on my site www.237am.com in the model section... might give you some ideas...

some pics are scanned slides from the 90's so they might be a bit fuzzy

b

Jul 15, 06 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

237:

Thanks for your web photoes. That club interior page is 3D or physical model picture?

Jul 17, 06 10:14 am  · 
 · 
skeerd

try macro lenses, they let you get real close to you model at life size

Jul 17, 06 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
binary

its a 3d viz model that my friend did for me in one night.... client at the time wanted it...... i put his name under the pic

b

i also have an all brass model in there too thats' a club

Jul 17, 06 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

237:

The LIghting is pretty good. I wasn't sure it is 3D until I saw other pictures on your site. Coincidently, I am also developing a night club interior for a hotel. The lighting and color is two out of three elements I am going to put into my 3d rendering. Right now I am struggling with the objects like the table and counter for the customers and bartenders.

Jul 18, 06 11:21 am  · 
 · 
binary

in my view of models/rendering/etc...... sometimes less is better...

if your project isnt 100% designed/done then dont show what all the materials are or all the specifics...... i would leave some elements ideally random for conversation and to involve clients/participation in the project...... but then again i like more industrial ideas...... clean details from standard materials...... not over doing anything for the hell of it......more space and less shit is better than less space and more shit

b

Jul 18, 06 9:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: