Archinect
anchor

architects and investment policies

poly

what are the good investment policies that architects go for .... in fact .. rephrasing .... do architects know what investment policies mean ??

http://www.fool.com/

Jul 14, 06 9:39 am
4arch

buy houses to remodel and flip...though that strategy is becoming less attractive now.

if you have extra wads of cash sitting around, be your own developer.

Jul 14, 06 11:00 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

get invested, stay invested, and diversify...that's all you need to know

keep in mind that even a shitty investment, say a savings account at 2%, is better than doing nothing.

Jul 14, 06 11:35 am  · 
 · 
tc79

Pay yourself first!
If you're in a firm that offers a 401K, invest in it.
If you're self-employed, invest in a SEPT, it creates an investment vehicle and reduces your tax burden.
IF you own your own firm, with or without partners, take a percentage of your profit off the top and invest it in the market. You can draw off the investment during downturns in the economy to smooth over a lower income stream. This is what my firm has done for decades. Layoffs are nearly unheard of here.

Jul 14, 06 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
archtopus

Um, buy low, sell high?

I'd recommend choosing one of the mutual funds listed on this site: http://www.socialfunds.com/

Jul 14, 06 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
poly

hmmm . i'm impressed .. thanks guys ......
cause a local survey on my side .. revealed that architects were probably least bothered about investements ........... one . because there's never any surplus money!! (after spending on 3 meals and one beer) ..... coffee fortunately is on the house ....
and secondly ...architects fail to understand math!

Jul 15, 06 2:38 am  · 
 · 
bhardy

I've go an MBA in Finance and I still don't know what your refering to by an investment policy.

-BRent

Jul 18, 06 2:00 am  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

Not a clue about investment policies. Please rephrase.

I devlop cash flow pro forma’s for our clients.

Jul 23, 06 7:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: