Archinect
anchor

Who's afraid of Urban Planning/Design?

wellywellywell

So. I get jaundiced-faced sneers whenever I mention that although I love design I also find the introduction of law, international relations, and history into my design gestalt very seductive.

What if I want to work for the UN, helping emerging cities NOT destroy their culture, or something like that, for instance.

Why is everyone so down on UP/D? I'm not trained in architecture (yet), so I'd like to hear some opinions.

thanka.

Jul 13, 06 12:27 pm
vado retro

you really need to consult your dog on this issue.

Jul 13, 06 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Vado Futuro:

I almost made the switch to a French Bulldog, instead of a Boston Terrier. But then I found out that French Bulldogs are OBSCENELY stupid. And I can't have a stupid dog if I'm going to consult it about important issues such as this.

Jul 13, 06 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

agreed...

Jul 13, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
mm

Plus, it's much harder to come up with clever puns for dog names based on the names of French architects. I'm drawing a blank trying to think of dog-puns for Nouvel or de Portzamparc.

Jul 13, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: