Archinect
anchor

FRACTAL ARCHITECTURE

I would like to know if anybody has information about fractal architecture or some experience in your schools about this topic

Quisiera saber si alguien tiene informacion sobre arquitetura fractal, o de algunas experiencias desarrolladas en sus facultades acerca del tema.

Jul 2, 06 2:58 am
sharpie.

what sort of information do you seek? I've done a little bit of research on this subject before. If you are looking for something to know in general, do a google search.

Jul 2, 06 3:27 am  · 
 · 
BLK

In the Metapolis Dictionary of Advanced Architecture (ed. by ACTAR) there are some explanations and some exemples. I think it is a good info for start.

That if you are not looking for something particular.

Jul 2, 06 4:43 am  · 
 · 
some person

Also look at Generative Architecture

Jul 2, 06 10:40 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

The idea of assigning numeric, and computationally-derived values to architecture is the subject of many journal articles. Try this article for starters.

Jul 2, 06 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Becker

hmmm.... sounds like a really emotive architecture when you put it like that. ;)

Jul 2, 06 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Ha!

Jul 2, 06 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
the silent observer

Check out the AA's DRL website...they've been doing a lot of stuff based upon generative architecture and parametric design....

http://www.aaschool.ac.uk/aadrl/index.htm

Jul 3, 06 8:48 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

i think u better first understand whats a fractal and then how u can apply that to design in general, and if u want at any scale of architectural design... i found a quite decent link to understand it, and actually linked to architecture, its from the Vienna University of Technology... enjoy and hope it helps to all of u interested:

FRACTALS AND FRACTAL ARCHITECTURE

there's also a couple of online generators of fractal arrangements all over the web

Jul 4, 06 5:58 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

u might also want to check INTERMEDIATE 8 unit work of this last year at the AA (directed by Yusuke Obuche + Eugene Han)... they have 3 good videos that can represent whats designing in a FRACTAL way...

Jul 5, 06 5:52 am  · 
 · 

sorta old school view but if interested in a kind of early philosophy of fractals and architecture have a look at charles jencks' writings from the 90's. His approach is a bit willful and strained to my ears, but he certainly has a thing for fractals. sees them as the new solution to modernist reductionism, really.

Jul 5, 06 9:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: