Nevermore

An all european final ... ;)

-->http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=40139_0_42_0_C

cmon ,pay up you guys ! ! !

Jul 1, 06 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=40139_0_42_0_C

Nevermore : " Brazil is overrated.I wager that they wont get past the quarter finals."

Jul 1, 06 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

sorry im sloshed..:)

Jul 1, 06 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

Brazil losing is one thing . . . Brazil losing to France (again!) is another.
But yes, you did call it; nevermore, nevermore, nevermore.

Jul 1, 06 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

And now it's time for me to get 'sloshed' . . . I think I'll have some Chamay?

Jul 1, 06 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

what a shame! there goes nike's ronaldinho commericials.

Jul 1, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

i don't worry about ronaldinho. he just lifted european champions leagues' cup as barcelona star in may and has to turn down a lot of shoe commercials.

brazil needs to grow a new young team. i was also suspicious of their success this time. they've had enough glories last 4 years which turned them into an over confidant uber-soccer idols.
in brazil there is always a 17 y.o kid waiting to beat the whole world on the green, like his elders did. so they will comeback.
but, their most ambitious but overrated team left the cup in quarterfinals. too early for brazil. i thought nevermore was spot on when he wrote above.
i hope he made some cash money on this wisdom.

Jul 1, 06 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
moratto

joga bonito next time

Jul 2, 06 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
bshadlu

I wish I didn't have a crummy summer job, totally missed brazil's last game : (

Jul 2, 06 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I am fairly shocked over this. I was rooting for England too and there they went. I'm sorry I missed the game as well.

Jul 2, 06 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

sigh .... i'm still in mourning !!... I even skipped work yesterday !!

damn !!!

Jul 3, 06 3:16 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

We were rooting for Brazil too, but they played like shit.

Jul 3, 06 3:19 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

mmm .. i didn't think they played like shit... only cafu .. and at times carlos ...

but france played like they were possesed .. they didn't do anything wrong .. absolute perfect football .. that's what did us in !!

and ZZ .. what can I say? .. I wish he never came out of retirement .

but I do think that if we started with a 4-1-3-2 ( with the 4Ds remaining 4Ds ..) instead of a 4-5-1 we could have won .. robhino and Cicinio should have started. instead of Cafu and G. silva.

my only hope now is that Scolari comes back to coach Brazil ... we need him!!

well .. I'm rooting for Portugal now..( my sporting life is a misery!!)

at least India (Cricket) and schumacher (F1) won yesterday ...

Jul 3, 06 3:34 am  · 
 · 
doberman

zidane is god. regardless of what happens next, he's one of the greatest ever. he proved everybody wrong on saturday, his performance was mind blowing and Henry's goal was a screamer. i'm over the moon.

Jul 3, 06 7:37 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig

Zidane played like a Brazilian should play.

The brazilian midfielder Leonardo who won the cup in 94 said that Brazil came to the competition like they were the Globetrotters... to me that says it all.

Jul 3, 06 10:22 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

sporadic...

so i was hungover admittedly on saturday...but the part of the
match that i watched i don't remember a single dangerous chance
by brazil...france outplayed them the entire time i was watching..
of course, i also think ghana outplayed them..just didn't score.

france has been a major surprise to say the least..and i like zz, but
it's a wee bit nauseating to here the american announcers describe
every touch of the ball by him as though it's the most amazing thing
they've ever seen...'oh this could be zidane's last match of his
career...i didn't hear that the other 3 million times you said it.'

Jul 3, 06 10:49 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Sporadic, ..... what do you mean "we" need him (scolari)..for goodness sake , You'r not a brazilian !

Really !

I dont understand this phenomenon with our countrymen and brazilian football ?why do all people from our country support brazil..?

especially the calcuttans . For god's sake, they even decorate their streets with brazilian flags !
Brazil may be one of the top teams but there are also other teams..if its abt good football, why not Argentina or Germany or Italy or England ? ?

I find it truely bizarre ! ..Is this only with us or is it a worldwide phenomena ( with other countries whose teams dont play in the world cup )

I hate brazil..even if they play well,I still hate them ,im delighted they lost !

Jul 3, 06 10:53 am  · 
 · 
ideo

easy nevermore....easy...

it's very simple that ppl like brazil: they played like artists. but not this time.

it's a pleasure to see how they controll the ball like magicians. i like several teams which have more ball possession in games. portugal, spain, brazil, france...

speaking of this match, france deserve the result... viva ZZ...

Jul 3, 06 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

yes ideo..i agree very much to that..all south american teams are known for their artistic play and the european teams are more power football .

but I dont agree that the average 'once-in-4-years' football fan can understand and appreciate the finer artistic nuances of the game.

hero syndrome, blind hysteria behind a team which people think would probably win again.

anywayz...I wonder who will win now !

Jul 3, 06 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Can I offer this up....

I think people around the world like Brazil because they are the only 3rd world country that constantly beat a bunch of 1st worlders at the world's favorite sport. And that these guys come out of horrible conditions to rule the sports world, see NYT http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2006/06/25/sports/20060625_BRAZIL_SLIDESHOW_index.html','750_630','width=750,height=630,scrollbar=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes,location=no

Sociological explanation...

Jul 3, 06 11:57 am  · 
 · 
Elimelech

javascript:pop_me_up2('http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2006/06/25/sports/20060625_BRAZIL_SLIDESHOW_index.html','750_630','width=750,height=630,scrollbar=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes,location=no');

Jul 3, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
Elimelech

oh forget it...it was there a spcial on the favela futebole system

Jul 3, 06 11:59 am  · 
 · 
RINagy

The brazilian soccer team is also marketed to death, a la Nike since they won in 1994.

Jul 3, 06 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Life is wonderful !

Jul 5, 06 4:01 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

and beautiful too..

melquiades' link

Jul 5, 06 4:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: