Archinect
anchor

Wallets!

quixotica

So there are tons of discussions on this board about style. Shoes, clohes, computers, etc. But nothing much about wallets. I need a new one. I'd prefer a bi-fold as tri-folds get too bulky, and I'm not sure if I'm leaning more towards cool, sophisticated up and coming designer, or more of my roots. skate scene, screen printed designs. So lets see some suggestions for both!

Jun 29, 06 11:11 am
AP

I use one of these...fits my cash and cards nicely...

Jun 29, 06 11:32 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

bifold roots.

Jun 29, 06 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

Tumi makes great wallets.

Jun 29, 06 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

but in black (of course)

Jun 29, 06 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

These are pretty cool

http://www.jfold.com/cgi-bin/uk/agora.cgi

Jun 29, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

my wallet is 3 years old... made out of red duct tape... i made a repair with silver duct tape on the back, and there is a merge records sticker on the front fold...
ill never replace it... no matter how many strange looks i get from clerks, waiters, bosses, random people on the street...

Jun 29, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

AP - I have the exact same wallet!! Of course mine is also in High Design Silver.

The brilliant thing about it is that since I work in the design field, i never have to worry about having more money than the clip can handle.

My fallback option in a jam is the Paris Metro Card holder. a simple little plastic affair with room for your license, a couple of plastics and voila.

Jun 29, 06 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I to was using the AP method when I was a minimalist back in the day.......

Now I like the simple understated leather bifolds by Bosca. Good leather, good classic design, and if your lawyer/ broker friends see it they wont make fun of you yet will know it was 1/2 the cost of theirs.

Jun 29, 06 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

i bought my girlfriend one of these in italy:
mandarina duck

Jun 29, 06 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

hmm... this website is not working for me... but this store out of montreal has the nicest leather bags and wallets... they're like a well designed classy modern british suit as a soft but durable leather bag or wallet...

]m0851

Jun 29, 06 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I believe I bought mine at Target. It was $10.

Jun 30, 06 12:21 am  · 
 · 
Becker

FrankLloydMike your wallet looks like it is made of duct tape!

i have a paul smith wallet... got it on sale. 85% off. talk about a mark up!

Jun 30, 06 1:19 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

The duct tape wallet is SOOOOOO 1997.

Jun 30, 06 4:19 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

amazing how much ppl is worried about the right bag, glasses, shoes, laptop cover, etc to "use" as an "architect" and still most of links sux big time...

i thought is ur work and mind which defines u as an architect, not ur bag, glasses, shoes and haircut...

hope not everyone in black and funky glasses (and maybe add a red scarf) is an architect....

hope also architects stop using black, my theory on that is: since ur starting ur own "cool" studio, u have no money to wash clothes and or to buy clothes that often, so u save for 2 years buy 3 black trousers (maximum) and 3 black shirts, if u saved enough from a good brand (this makes all last longer) and then wear this always since resist dirt better and no one realize is the same 2 or 3 pants and the same 2 or 3 shirts for years since u have no money to buy more.... then when u get to a decent level of earning money u start using white shirts (see young designers VS ppl like Foster or Norten who use white shirts...Nouvel, prick he's still using black)

isnt black boring everyday??

Jun 30, 06 7:58 am  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

"I am now Gandolf the White!"

Jun 30, 06 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

well it makes sense to make your own "uniform" steve jobs (blue or black jeans, black long sleeve top and new balance trainers) does it to save time in the morning. Black makes sense since it goes with everything and looks smart but can still be casual and comfortable.

Jun 30, 06 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

You might want to consider one of a kind western wallets hand crafted in Texas! Their ugly as hell but they only get better with age.

Jun 30, 06 7:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: