Archinect
anchor

mp3 players

makesamnsure

i want to buy an mp3 player. i want a fairly decent capacity at a reasonable price. one that caught my attention is the zen sleek. it holds 20gb, fm tuner (i question how good the reception will be), and is on sale for $165 after rebate. there's also the zen microphoto, 8gb, for $170. the zen v plus looks neat, nice and small too, but isn't out yet and only gets up to 4gb. anybody have experience with any of these? any other suggestions?

zen sleek:
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=13599
microphoto:
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=14107

Jun 25, 06 6:30 pm
Becker

samsungs new players are really good.

Jun 25, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
makesamnsure

thanks. most of those are small capacity though. i'm thinking 8gb+. any suggestions for some with a higher capacity? i like the toshiba one, but it's pretty expensive.

Jun 25, 06 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

get an ipod!

Jun 26, 06 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

i have the Creative Sleek Photo and love it. the reception is fine, only getting static (sometimes) when i travel through bridges and tunnels. the battery life lasts very long; i get two full work days out of one charge. it holds 20g which for me is a lot. the ear buds that come with it are crap though; get new ones. i wish it had am radio for sports talk shows. oh-well. there are a few quirky things i would have done different on the sleek but all in all, i really like it. it works well for what i want to do and the price/ features value can't be beat. the price you quote is about $40 less than what i paid for mine.

good luck.

Jun 26, 06 10:28 am  · 
 · 
makesamnsure

i just saw a comparison photo with the sleek and some others. the sleek looks huge! i don't know if i'd like that. i wish i wasn't so darn picky.

Jun 26, 06 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

just get an ipod, not because everyone has one but because it does what it does well.... just don't buy music online (same with other online stores like urge etc) since the drm in each music file limits what you can do with it. creative is going down the tube, they were in the red last quarter and their software is crap, they won't be around much longer in the mp3 player business if they carry on trying to compete with apple.

Jun 30, 06 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
makesamnsure

you're right the ipod does do what it does well, but i don't like it for its lack of features. i just picked up the sansa e270. size of a nano, fm, fm and voice recorder, video, photo, 6gb, expandable memory, and less $. i haven't had much time with it but so far i love it.

Jun 30, 06 10:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: