Archinect
anchor

GnArLeS bArKlEy Is So DaMn AmAzInG

So DaMn CrAzY

ok here i would like u 2 post ur thoughts about gnarles barkley i think hes wicked and his song crazy describes me all in 1 and nelly furtardos man eater i love them and im so hyper :D :D :D luvz yaz all xoxoxox

Jun 22, 06 6:36 pm
Cherith Cutestory

um... someone needs to get out more and explore the wide world that is music. oh and gnarls barkley is two people. also mixed case letters and email slang are so last year/so not archinect. sorry to rain on your parade

Jun 22, 06 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

might i suggest:
pandora to help you find something new, different, and similar to what you already like. i have been hooked to the mogwai station i created and discovered 8 new bands along the way.

Jun 22, 06 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i don't like disco

Jun 22, 06 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

dj danger mouse took a wrong turn

grey album > gorillaz collaberation > charles barkley

please come back

Jun 22, 06 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
Mark_M

I think Cee-lo stole the album concept from andre- 3000 of outkast. The song "Boogie monster"is a rip off of one of andre's tracks. I still like the cd though. I just wish is was a little bit more original.

Jun 22, 06 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

i couldn't stand that song from the first time i heard it... i just don't get why it has caught on so hard.

Jun 22, 06 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

pandora is great! thanks, randar82.

Jun 22, 06 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

I HATE GNARLS - SERIOUSLY HATE THEM.

I like them individually, but when you put them together - THAT SONG MAKES ME CRRRRAZZZZZZZZZY

Jun 23, 06 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

This is not Myspace. Please use English.

Jun 23, 06 11:11 am  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

did you all know that it's actually CHarles Barkley's aler ego?
He feels he's not given adequate freedom to express him self on TNT's NBA coverage so he's using this alias for creative endevours.

Jun 23, 06 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

i just have to throw out the question-

so damn crazy (who i refuse to type upper/lower) are you even an architect? architecture student? person mildly interested in something that might concern architecture or the process there of?

i suspect an outsider hired to post on web blogs for promotional purposes.

Jun 23, 06 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Jrocc

Cee-Lo is the man.

A couple tracks are really good but overall its too poppy sounding and not enough gospel/funk, but I think thats just Danger Mouses style.

As for stealin Andres 3000's sound. Cee-Lo is one of the origional Dungeon Squad who produced Outkasts first album. Big Boi developed thier sound from there, Adrndre is pretty much a front man.

in conclusion: The Soul Machine > St. Elsewhere

Jun 23, 06 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
notone-co

What is going on here?

Jun 23, 06 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

randar, you've unearthed the subterfuge...this lame tactic belongs on MireSpace and reeks with the stench of a marketing plant. i feel dirty now.

Jun 23, 06 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

i have to agree with jrocc and givemeastamp. i think the parts are way more the the sum of the whole. dangermouse and gemini is a much more solid interesting album than gnarles, as is cee-lo green is the soul machine. its too bad cause i was really looking forward to the new cee lo. i miss goodie mob. i miss dungeon family too.

Jun 23, 06 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

VaDoRoX!!!!

Jun 23, 06 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
binary

slum village (old stuff)
j-dilla (rip)
aux 88
platinum pipe pipers

detroit...WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 23, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

However pop or disco, i was moved by the Mtv movie awards performace of Crazy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ylqf7hqiiQ

Chewy on drums... Storm Troopers groovin'... Darth beltin'... love it.

Jun 23, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

god, i just couldn't stop laughing when i read this... especially the xoxo

Jun 23, 06 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

oH gOoDnEsS. i FeEl SiCk.

Enjoyed the You Tube...

Jun 23, 06 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

oH vAdO RoCkS U SiCkLy!!!

Jun 23, 06 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly
i just have to throw out the question-

so damn crazy (who i refuse to type upper/lower) are you even an architect? architecture student? person mildly interested in something that might concern architecture or the process there of?

i suspect an outsider hired to post on web blogs for promotional purposes.

Thats probably the case. All Architects should follow the same cookie-cutter mentality, dress and eyeglasses [maybe shoes]

meh
Jun 23, 06 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

The ink-blot video rocks, tho.

Jun 23, 06 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

SuCh A sEvEnTEEZ fLaShBacK!!! a WiLd AnD cRAzY mC mAn pLuS sTaR wArS!!! aS fAr As Zee MuSiCk, tRy ThE hArDlInE aCCoRdiNg tO tErenCE TrEnT d'ArBy...

Jun 24, 06 2:01 am  · 
 · 
Manther

MTV performance, not bad. But it is strange, does anyone get the feeling that CeeLo seems a bit minister like now? The song is ok, but I cant disassociate him from Goodie Mob. Soul Food>Crazy? Seems like he is trying a bit too hard. Oh well, Terrance Trent Darby rocks! Nice call Vado.

Jun 24, 06 3:14 am  · 
 · 
binary

goodie mob

tribe
souls
rakim
eric sermon
de la
common
pharcyde
old out kast
esham
mc breed
special ed
slick rick
d-nice
chi ali
d.o.c.
spice 1
too short
techmaster p.e.b.
magic mike
roots
bahamadia
old mc lyte
kraftwerk
juan atkins
cybotron
beatnuts
dayton family...for my flint nucka's
snoop
dre
ice cube
old eminem
etc...... let me look through my cassette tapes

Jun 24, 06 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

wow vado, i'd never heard of Terrance Trent Darby before, thanks for the post. I just listened to "if you take me back" and now i'm half way through "billy don't fall". if not for the internet, what might i have missed? now "billy don't fall" is ending.

wow 327, that is a great grouping of musics.

Jun 24, 06 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
So DaMn CrAzY

Thanks 4 the posts guys i think that some of ur sugested songs are awesome! As for these people who are boring and r telling me how 2 write etc. thanks for your comments but 2 b honest i think u are hypocryts and u need a life whoever said i need a life purely because if your life evolves around what i do and how i WrItE then u really are SAD by the way pandora rocks and 327amdotcom you have a great taste in music maybe some other people should think about what they are writing tank u 4 all ur time people :) take care. xx

Jun 26, 06 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

is it just me, or is it easier to read a sentence made up of words where the first and last letters remain the same and the intermediate letters are jumbled? this shift crazy typing gives me a headache.

this gives me less of a headache...

Jun 26, 06 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
So DaMn CrAzY

WOW! that is weird! and yes it is easy to read sentences with jumbled up letters as long as the first and last letters are in the right place. has she really got double features or is it ur mind playing tricks on u?

Jun 26, 06 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
Archichet

explain to me why randar82 and many other archinecters have sticks jambed up their ass? a lot of you are pricks!

Jun 26, 06 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

well, if so damn crazy is an actual archinector, he/she (im assuming she) definately shatters the mold and brings a bit of youthful energy to the mix. I however agree this may be a marketing plant, and with myspace being bought by News Corporation, archinect may be a target. Future posts: TAG bOdY sPRAy iS Da sHIzniT, by Smellsogood, VAULT soda rox my night!, by INSOMIACraver. I would suspect less if her very FIRST post wasn't about an media icon, and her name wasn't so damn crazy. SoDamn, we architects are tight group, thou must proveth thyself before us, or be forever MOCKED!

Jun 26, 06 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

archichet- dude those be fightin' words

i'd like to think that under my dry wit i made some helpful suggestions, i.e. pandora. it just seemed odd to me that someone's first post was (see above) and that was all. so damn crazy, i apoligize if i have sold you short. welcome to the archinect club.

archichet- please don't become this month's parallel38.

Jun 27, 06 1:13 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

and just to clear up any issues, i do indeed own said gnarls barkley cd, and i thought it was okay, but certainly not ground breaking. granted, though i am not much of a hip-hop/rap person so maybe i am an unfair judge.

as apurimac said, we are tight knit. perhaps because it seems that anyone can do our job that we feel the need to isolate anyone who seems to be an outsider.

Jun 27, 06 1:37 am  · 
 · 
Archichet

just try and be a bit cooler dude.

Jun 27, 06 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Archichet

just try and be a bit cooler dude.

Jun 27, 06 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

don't take it personal randar. i (sometimes) enjoy your dry wit.

i smell a troll

Jun 27, 06 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

dot- thanks for watching my back. sometimes? hmm.. well you will probably be hearing a lot of it soon so watch out. late nights and no sleep make one randar a cynical and sarcastic person.

Jun 27, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

was surprised to see this thread as I was forced to listen to this crap on my road trip last weekend. not my thing.

Jun 28, 06 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
e909

crazy
well made 60's style soul single
very well made lyrics
obv not hiphop

we're at the end of a dry period. so it's relatively easy to fill the void

Jul 4, 06 4:35 am  · 
 · 
So DaMn CrAzY

Well thank u people for noticing that randars head can be very far wedged up his ass at times but his criticism may be improtant one day. And thanks to apurimac who has spotted that im trying to make my topic of discussion much more youthful. And randar stop threatning dot all she/he was saying is that u r blunt and sometimes boring he/she doesnt seem to care what u say and by trying to insult people you're getting nowhere. Thanks to the people who have made suggestions to me and said NICE things. Like my mother told me, if you're not gonna say anything nice dont say anything at all.

Jul 10, 06 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
So DaMn CrAzY

Architect u also have a good point thank u.

Jul 10, 06 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

um, for the record dot is my future roommate. also for the record my first comment on this thread was laced with sarcasim and i am really sorry that people can not see it for what it is. come on... do you really think i can say something like "so last year" with a straight face.

i would be interested to see what other music exploits you have come to love in the last few weeks since we first talked so damn crazy?

Jul 11, 06 1:56 am  · 
 · 
So DaMn CrAzY

well i dont know u so im not gonna judge whether u r sarcastic or not the only reason why i posted my 1st message was to find out what other people think and thier veiws on the music i like and yes i have grown to love alot more music

Jul 11, 06 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
binary

pick up the platinum piped pipers aka PPP..... nice funk/soul/hip hop/etc....

detroit what!!!!!!!

Jul 11, 06 8:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: