Archinect
anchor

Buying a studio large-format deskjet

jonathanlarocca

There has been some discussion about combining together to buy a studio large format deskjet this coming year...I was initially very hesitant about such a proposal, but would consider it now. Does anybody have any experience with that? Is it a big mistake? Can it work? Advice? Even if we found a way to monitor who prints what...I'm worried it might just end up costing more regardless!

Jun 16, 06 9:54 am
snooker

How much does your education cost you a year? A large format Plotter is next to nothing when you put everything in perspective.
Most likely cheaper than all the bum-wad you go thru. Just make everyone provide their own paper and when you need ink well just let eveyone toss in an equal amount unless someone is abusing the system.....Second thought buy one for yourself and screw your classmates....cause you will be able to work longer on your project or go to bed earlier....catch my drift?

Jun 16, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
cf

HP designjet 500

Jun 16, 06 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I bought a Designjet 100 for $650 last year via eBay and it has already paid for itself...great printer and the cartridges of ink are huge and last.

Jun 16, 06 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
alexan

our school has a system where all prints sent to the plotter first go through a que manager at the computer studio moniter's desk. they you approach that person pay via credit for your plot, based on image type (line or photo) and area.

the nice part about your own printer is the ability to load whatever paper you want. you can use nice drawing paper, vellum, some girl even had these red drawings printed on brown craft paper

Jun 18, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 

i love having a medium format personal printer--well worth the money--your projects just look hotter

Jun 18, 06 4:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: