Archinect
anchor

Point and shoot

Hasselhoff

I'm looking for a decent super compact point and shoot digital camera. I have a Nikon D50 for the good photos, but want something I can carry around for all the other times. Two that have caught my interest are the Nikon S3 (black of course) and the Canon SD450 Digital Elph. Does anyone have experience with either of these? I know either should be a fine choice. The guy at Ritz said that if I have a D50 and am just looking for point and shoot, the Nikon S3 might be a little better because the Canon has more features and can get a little muddled with options, where as the Nikon is quicker to the preset modes. But I know Canons are really good (my last one recently died however).

May 13, 06 2:46 am
sporadic supernova

I'd like to see this discussion .. I'm looking for a Point and shoot myself .. Already own a Canon 350D ... and I'm inclined towards a Canon for the point and shoot aswell ...

problem is .. they are so damn expensive

May 13, 06 3:23 am  · 
 · 
e

i have the canon sd550. i'm pretty happy with it. i have heard stories of it having a brittle screen that cracks, but i have not had any problems.

May 13, 06 3:31 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

canons are the best!

May 13, 06 3:53 am  · 
 · 
doberman

If i were to buy a digital camera today i would look also look into the panasonic Lumix series with the leica lens. Apparently they're great.

May 13, 06 6:20 am  · 
 · 

fuji e510 wide angle (28mm) little less than a pretty look. i use it all the time to picture buildings and interiors. @ 150 $, it ain't that precious either. garpike has one too. 2 AA batteries.

May 13, 06 9:41 am  · 
 · 
crush

I have a dsc-W1 that has treated me right for the past two years. I would take a look at the newer versions of the same camera.

May 13, 06 9:49 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I found a sweet deal on the Canon SD450, $256 with a 1GB SD card. I guess it's a slightly older model, but like I said, just looking for something for the pocket. I can't find any reviews of the Nikon S3. It did feel a little small in my hand though where as the Canon was more tactile. But damn, the S3 is sex.

May 13, 06 11:46 am  · 
 · 
waxwings

any experience with the
kodak v570
anyone?

May 13, 06 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
e

i like this site for reviews. pretty thorough >>
http://www.dcresource.com/

May 14, 06 12:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: