Archinect
anchor

Networking For Archinectors

b3tadine[sutures]

Okay friends - and I call you friends, because I feel like we know each other pretty well now - I have an associate looking to locate to the Minneapolis / St. Paul region. The issue is trying to network with those in the area, those that may have contacts, those that know of competent firms doing credible work. My associate is from the east coast, and salary is in the range of $50 - $60k, but will accept less if the opportunity and firm is too good to pass.

So, I thought this thread could be about you helping out my friend, or perhaps you are looking for the same assistance. So feel free to post your networking needs.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 30, 06 12:44 pm
mad+dash

I just started using www.linkedin.com and also just got an orkut invite. Those are passive networking options and I'd be happy to pass along my orkut invites...
of course nothing beats spending a week or so attending social functions and arch-related things in Minnie/ St. Paul to get acclamated...

Apr 30, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

thanks Jdes, and any invites are greatly appreciated...

Apr 30, 06 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
May 1, 06 7:39 am  · 
 · 
A

beta - What is your associate looking for aside from a salary range? I try to keep somewhat on top of the local arch scene. I've heard of several local firms hiring, my employer included. Is there a type of work this person is interested in?

May 1, 06 9:06 am  · 
 · 
mad+dash

send me an e-mail beta...

May 1, 06 11:32 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

A, i sent you an email...thanks.

May 1, 06 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
A

beta - I didn't see any email. Try again.

May 2, 06 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

will he accept more than 50-60 if the opportunity and firm is too bad to take?

May 3, 06 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

the type of work my friend is interested in is quite simple; a diversity of project types, construction types, with sustainability as important component - but not at the expense of design. my friend also noted that design is an important factor, at the top really, but that an opportunity to be involved in CA and running projects is important as well.

looking for a well rounded firm with an experienced and patient core that is not so niche oriented so as to miss or pass on new opportunities or experiences.

hands on approach with a willingness to educate and a willingness to let someone learn from their mistakes/experiences...

they are not looking necessarily for starchitects, but are looking for a place to contribute and bring their unique vision on what architecture can be.

hope this helps...

May 21, 06 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
May 23, 06 7:31 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

Know you're looking for networking contacts, but just wanted to be sure your "friend" is aware of these:

Architecture Jobs in Minnesota

More Architecture Jobs in Minnesota

May 23, 06 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
May 24, 06 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

okay people, any new thoughts about where my friend should go? him and his wife are moving to the Twin Cities soon and would really like to connect with some good firms....HELP!

please.

Jul 26, 06 4:37 am  · 
 · 
James Meyer

check out Conway + Schulte, they do quality work and are great people

Jul 26, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
jbirl

when are YOU moving betadine?

Jul 26, 06 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
jbirl

when are YOU moving betadine?

Jul 26, 06 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

jbirl, my friend is looking to move early this fall...

Jul 27, 06 7:11 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

contact me if you have any contacts. thanks!

Jul 27, 06 7:13 am  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

How many years experience?

Jul 30, 06 8:01 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

6-10 years, working on the ARE's right now

Jul 30, 06 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i am now looking for areas to live in the Twin Cities, if any of you locals can refer me to decent places - if you rent and are looking to have a fellow nector nearby and possible car pooler - or neighborhoods, i'd greatly appreciate it. it really is difficult to go on interviews, and look at apartments in four days and not to mention trying to do it over the net.

thanks in advance for your help. aside from the obvious sites perhaps there are other sources?

Sep 4, 06 4:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: