Archinect
anchor

cell phones and phone companies

i am in so cal. what is a nice cell phone with long battery life, and speaker functions, maybe a cam? and a company with best "can you here me now?".
50$, i can spend for phone.
good service and low mounthly rates, whose got it?
i have sprint and 20$ lg phone for last two years that i am not crazy about for breaking up all the time.
i talk 200 min average in 1 month.
thank you for your advice for this.

Apr 28, 06 12:23 am
FOG Lite

Cingular seemed to be the best in LA while I was there. Fewest dead spots and it seemed everyone I called had them too so I have something like 4000 rollover minutes.

I'd be interested to hear about phones too since my 2 year old Moto v400 is on it's last leg.

Apr 28, 06 1:07 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

dont go for cingular it sucks big time, especially on the westside. I would suggest changing your service and going for Verizon, you will excellent coverage and a free phone with you (new) membership too. Verizon is the best.
If you want to stick with sprint, they have the new samsung a-900, radioshack has some great deals on that phone - its really powerful and good looking too....

Apr 28, 06 1:43 am  · 
 · 
wood_

For 19.99, you can get a Sony Ericsson Z520a under a cingular plan; equipped with bluetooth and camera.

I havent gotten my rebate from cingular for my MxPx I had 8 months ago. Other than that, I havent had problems with the service - no drop calls, etc.

Apr 28, 06 1:43 am  · 
 · 
ether

orhan,

if you've had sprint for the last two years, you might be elligible for a 'free phone' or discounted service.

it seems to be that most cell phone companies offer the best deals to first time customers. my opinion is that it should be the complete opposite. they should be offering the best deals to the customers who have continued to be loyal.

Apr 28, 06 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mdler likes T-mobile....but it doesnt work in his apartment

Apr 28, 06 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
e

cell phones? what are those? 2006 and e still doesn't own one.

Apr 28, 06 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

e you are truly a rebel. I can't understand how you can do it. Bravo.

Apr 28, 06 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
e

yeah, i hear it all of the time from my friends. and it's not like i'm anti-tech. my house is wired to the nines.

Apr 28, 06 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

garpike likes T-mobile....and it does work in his apartment

May 18, 07 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I built a bunch of towers around So Cal and placed them in a rough honeycomb grid no more than 8 miles apart. Great reception!

G-Mobile

I have plans starting from 19.99.

Stick Together.

May 18, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

yes tumbleweed, as you might know, in the US, Cingular and T-Mobile are GSM networks, while Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, Helio are CDMA networks.
Hence, if you have t-mobile and have bad reception (no big surprise, t-mobile sucks, imho), and you try to 'roam' you can get onto the cingular network only, since your phone can be either GSM or CDMA. Thats why you can see only 2 networks. And actually cingular is even worse.

In my experience in socal, verizon works the best, followed by sprint and t-mobile.

May 19, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Before you buy a phone, read this.

May 20, 07 10:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: