Archinect
anchor

Vectorworks XRef Script?

FreeP

I've heard there is a Vectorworks Xref Script floating around. Has anyone else heard of this, and if so, where can one get their hands on it? Any help would be appreciated!

FreeP

Apr 20, 06 6:33 pm
mightylittle™

don't know about that particular script, but if you're interested, check out this listserv...

LISTS.NEMETSCHEK.NET

you can sign up for access (free) and then you can both post and receive tech support from a pretty wide array of knowledgable vectorworks users.

some of the folks on that list actually write lots of their own scripts, some for sale, some for share.

bottom line is it's a good forum for vw help and support. i've gained immeasurably from the folks on that list.

check it out...

ml

Apr 20, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
Try Google
May 2, 06 11:02 am  · 
 · 
lwan

Actually, the similar command for it is work reference

Look under the Organize pull down menu to work reference

and you can select the file and you can select specific layers.

the only issues is that the names of the layers that you're bringing in cannot be the same names as the one in the working file.

i haven't figured out anything beyond that (can't seem to be able to move them once i bring them in)

hope that helps

Mar 23, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
archi**kat

layer links are also an option..say you're creating elvations and want to rotate a plan, check it out in the vw help section, it's an old feature of vw.

Mar 23, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

"Workgroup Referencing" in VW is basically the same thing as xref-ing in AutoCAD. You don't need a script floating around!

If you're trying to ref one file to another then Workgroup Referencing is what you need.
If you're trying to reference part of a drawing to something else in the same file then what you need to do is use the viewports.

Visit the "help" menu, or the manuals, or the tech support forum.

Mar 23, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: