Archinect
anchor

Thesis

kyikyi

My thesis is a rejection of the high rise urban development which is being utilised as a device to represent city's growth. The thesis argues that the high rises are mere empty shell which is foreign to the skyline of the city. Respond to government's decision to demolish the vast amount  of cash crop and to redevelop the tabula rasa state into generic empire of high rises, the thesis proposes instead to achieve a balance between new development and the existing agricultural landscape. The thesis also thrives on to create a new vision of the city, by using its natural resources and landscape as the pride of the future.

Feb 5, 12 10:03 am
StudioGhost

Wow, and here I thought I was original... I am trying to combine architecture with agriculture as well, but in a way that's not as well-stated as yours. I'm trying to reclaim space from the urban and trying to transform it by injecting the agriculture. I am opposed to the "vertical farm" skyscrapers though... they seem too over-engineered and not practical.

It will be nice to see what direction you will be taking this.

Good luck!

Feb 6, 12 7:19 am  · 
 · 
kyikyi

thanks studioghost for your comment.

i'm wondering to create a city as such can have the title "agropolis" as project title?

the agricultural activities are mainly oil palm plantations. it is not really about food as most agrarian urbanism is about. what is any of your thoughts there?

Feb 26, 12 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: