Archinect
anchor

Panoramic Stitching Software Recommendations?

remonio

I'd like to create a spherical panoramic HDR image using my DSLR with a fisheye lens and panoramic head. I'll be using it for backgrounds on 3ds max.
I was wondering if anyone has software recommendations. Has anyone used either EasyPano Panoweaver, RealViz Stitcher, PanaVue or smiliar software? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Mar 30, 06 9:39 pm
archinaut

photoshop CS has a "photomerge" command (under file -> automate) but that may be too basic for what you're looking for

Mar 30, 06 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

haven't done what yr doing, but stitcher is pretty badass...

Mar 31, 06 1:22 am  · 
 · 
remonio

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll have to download the trial versions and do my homework on Panoweaver and Stitcher. I've narrowed them down to those two but have to decide on which one would have a faster workflow working with fisheye images.

Apr 1, 06 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

I know it sounds basic but photoshop cs2 has a pretty complex perspective shift tool now, so you could simply stitch all images together, then adjust the image by this stage a basic panorama, into your fisheye through uses of the perspective distorts- it has enourmous capability- best to read a tutorial on it- but i think you could do it with that.

Apr 1, 06 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
timpdx

Auto Pano Pro, it does HDR panoramas.

Apr 1, 06 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
timpdx

Sorry, forgot the url:

[url] http://www.autopano.net/ [/url]

Doing some stiching as we speak in the background, it is very fast, too.

Apr 1, 06 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
remonio

Chairman Mao: I'm using a Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye lens on my camera and would want stitching software that has defishing capabilites built-in. Thanks.

Timpdx: Autopano looks great but doesn't support fisheye lenses in the current version. Thanks for the link though. I'll try it out anyway.

Panoweaver is currently my first choice since Realviz Stitcher doesn't do defishing by itself.

Apr 1, 06 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
remonio

timpdx: What tripod / panoramic head combination do you use?

Apr 1, 06 5:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: