Archinect
anchor

Phoenix Design Build Firms

RunninOnEmpty

Are there any? I'm looking for a job where I can design then go swing a hammer and build...Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 29, 06 4:35 pm
wilday

best one in phoenix that i know of...

construction zone

Mar 29, 06 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
deluganmeisslfan

The Patry Building Company is a design build firm.

http://www.patry.cc/

Its tough to say how much you could do as far as designing and actually building it. I worked at Patry for a little while but the office employees never built anything. I know someone at Construction Zone, but I don't know if the architects get to build much. Both firms do quality design though.

Mar 29, 06 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
deluganmeisslfan

Do you live in Phoenix now and are you working?

Mar 29, 06 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
RunninOnEmpty

I'm living in Phoenix and am working but looking for a new job.

Aug 17, 06 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHITKD

Hey guys I know this isn't part of the subject, but I am living in NY, and would like to relocate to Phoenix. Would you say any of these firms would be worth it, or do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

J

Aug 18, 06 8:41 am  · 
 · 
deluganmeisslfan

I think it depends on where you are working now. Patry isn't hiring and always has a small staff but Construction Zone is bigger. CZ builds stuff for all the big architects in town.

From what I hear Will Bruder is expanding his office so he will be hiring and there are many young firms doing good work here. Phoenix is a great place to work though but it is very spread out. There is lots of development occurring in the downtown area and there is a lot of excitement in the air about what can happen here.

Aug 18, 06 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
emaze

Has anyone checked out 180 degrees: I think they are looking:http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?Job_DID=J8D2RK6J8Z5JKHKY14D&siteid=cbindeed&IPath=EXIND&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=8e0afa5492cb4250af5fb8450492763d-209240499-TD-4

good luck

Aug 18, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
deluganmeisslfan

180 degrees is a good option as well. There are lots of firms in town that are doing good work so there are many options.

Aug 19, 06 12:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: