Archinect
anchor

museum

sheri25

I'm working on a museum/art gallery, wondering if you guys have any tips on making it environment friendly.
Any info on roof design?

Mar 24, 06 2:17 am
sharpie.

you want to make it environment friendly and ask for suggestions.. but say nothing about the environment itself (conditions, circumstances, events....).
??

Mar 24, 06 3:26 am  · 
 · 
sheri25

project I'm doing is for my universal design class, I have most of the materials, I'm stuck w/ the roof design, because it is a circular roof with two flat roofs on either side.

Mar 24, 06 3:44 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Mar 24, 06 3:56 am  · 
 · 
sheri25

lol

Mar 24, 06 4:02 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I used to work in a museum. If I were you, I would put a cot in the basement so I wouldn't have to nap on boxes again.

Mar 25, 06 12:33 am  · 
 · 
sheri25

Hasselhoff, since you have worked in a museum do you have any useful tips?

Mar 25, 06 3:35 am  · 
 · 
SaltyOrange

Ah Museums...Consider 20% rather than 15% of additional space for your multiplier...(circ.,mech. etc.) This is on top of your set program...
galleries...offices...storage etc. Always surprized how large the mech. spaces are for museums. AND if at all possible PUT THEM UNDERGROUND! there are tons of consultants out there where specialize in one facet or another...envelope, acoustical, lighting, display ...don't be affraid to call on them...sometimes sharing the fee might save you $ in the long run.

As far as an eco friendly roof...i hear that low ash conc. deck is a nice option...

Mar 25, 06 6:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: