Archinect
anchor

My Chair: Design Competition

Russo
www.luvodesign.com
[email protected]

MY CHAIR - design competition

Even though the function of a chair as an aid to sitting has not really changed over time, its design has evolved in parallel to society. It has reflected the developments in technology, architecture, and industrial design. Furthermore, chairs have been a social, aesthetic, and symbolic statement. Chair design has been a declaration of attitudes, ideas, and viewpoints.

During the XX Century there were some chair designs that succeeded to reflect the society of their time. Some of the best known examples are Charles and Ray Eames' molded plywood chairs, Alvar Alto's No. 41 Chair or Marcel Breuer's B3 Chair. Their highly innovative designs responded both to ergonomics and manufacture processes.

As our society has changed we are looking for a chair design that succeeds in communicating the XXI Century personality.

This is an open competition to design a chair, sofa, or stool that reflects our time.

My chair is a reflection on style, trend, attitude, and culture.

Competition Schedule:

May 1, 2006 - Registration deadline
May 8, 2006 - Submission deadline
May 14, 2006 - Competition results

Mar 9, 06 1:29 pm
garpike

Ok. So the standard response around here is:

Is this legit?

If so, looks cool.

Mar 9, 06 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

We're 6% into the 21st century and already looking to nail a zeitgeist?
Perhaps a chair that reflects anxious impatience?

Mar 9, 06 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=33323_0_42_0

you mean one all of us in this thead can use as we maniacally check the mail/e-mail/phone messages/archinect?

Mar 9, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: