Archinect
anchor

RAZR V3c

Hasselhoff

Does anyone know where one can download the drivers and crap for your computer so you can transfer pics and sync Outlook?

Mar 3, 06 12:37 am
Living in Gin

There's a software package (including USB cable) that I purchased from T-Mobile that allows me to transfer data between my RAZR and my computer, and to synch my phone's address book with my Outlook contacts. It cost me about $30.

Mar 3, 06 7:30 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

It's actually about $40... I stand corrected.

link here (Scroll about halfway down the page.)

If your provider is somebody other than T-Mobile, I'm sure they also sell this package.

Mar 3, 06 7:46 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Is it good? I just ordered that phone for $0 HOOYEAH! Sounds cool since I don't touch my palm pilot anymore. Good way to keep a calendar.

Mar 3, 06 11:07 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

It's worth it, if only for the ability to synch with Outlook. No more having to manually re-enter all my contact information on my cell phone, which is a royal pain in the ass.

The RAZR phone itself is very cool... Large display and large buttons make it easy to use, and when unfolded, it actually feels more like a real phone instead of a tiny cell phone. (Most importantly, though, it's a way to show off your impeccable taste in design. But you already knew that.)

I have my RAZR's wallpaper set to a very cool photo I took of the Lloyd's of London building by Richard Rogers.

Mar 3, 06 11:13 am  · 
 · 
grid

And does anyone know how to unlock a RAZR?

Mar 4, 06 1:00 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I got the software and cable for my motorolla v400, (not cool enogh for the Razr yet.) I think you can also do this through bluetooth, might be worth it to invest in some sort of bluetooth adapter as well. The best part is putting your own mp3's on there to use as ringtones. (anyone else have a phone that screams, "More cowbell!" at them? I think not.)

Mar 4, 06 1:24 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

How do you guys like the Razr? Because I love my Samsung but it's nearing its final days. Mainly I'm interested in durability - as much as I hate to admit it, I've dropped mine several times - and how well those buttons work (they are so thin!)

Also has anyone tried to use it in a different country? Mine was supposed to be a world phone but when I took it to Britain, it didn't work, and T-Mobile couldn't explain it.

Mar 4, 06 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
FRO
motomodders

has lots of info on unlocking and just about anything else you want to do to a RAZR or any Motorola phone.

I have a V557 and use bluetooth to transfer photos/videos/mp3s with my laptop.

Mar 4, 06 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I got my RAZR fairly recently, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask about durability. However, I've heard that RAZR phones don't enjoy being dropped (less so than your typical cell phone).

Mar 4, 06 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Gin -- Was synching to Outlook easy? Do you know if it's Mac/Entourage compatible? I've had my RAZR since Dec, but haven't tried yet...

Mar 5, 06 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Nevermind Gin --- just found out at the Motorola site...Windows only.

Boo-hiss

Mar 5, 06 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
A

Isn't the razr phone outdated already. That new Sliver phone looks nice enough. I'm sure I'll have one several years from now when they are giving them away.

As for durability nothing beat the old Nokia. The only phone I've never killed.

Flip phones are typically bad for durability. Moving parts equals broken parts. Then again, the razr is trendy looking.

Mar 6, 06 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Good points A -- That noted, the slim profile of my razr makes it more likely that I'll keep it in my front pants pocket more comfortably (and safely). Used to have your same Nokia model and it made me look and feel like Derek Smalls of Spinal Tap trying to get through airport security...

Mar 6, 06 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I actually prefer the flip-phone design (less likely for keys to be pressed mistakenly, or the screen becoming scratched), and as noted above, the slim profile is more comfortable. I usually wear it on a holster on my belt, and it's so think I barely notice it's there.

Mar 6, 06 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

the razr is a real nice phone.... looks, function etc... but my one problem is that it seems to collect dust/debris etc behind the screen from being in my pocket. anyone else have this issue with theirs?

Mar 6, 06 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Yes, I've had the same problem...I thought it was getting scratches, but realized upon closer inspection that it was dust behind the screen. Bummer...hope it doesn't get worse.

Mar 7, 06 3:21 am  · 
 · 
upside

dunno if its a problem in the northern hem. but i have to go inside to see the screen on my razer during the day, which is a bit annoying. but i guess you would never get the light intensity in europe or the us that we get.

Mar 7, 06 3:43 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I just got my RAZR yesterday and I'm already enjoying it. I don't need a buttload of features, i.e. I don't use it for MP3s or massive amounts of texting, so it's cool. The camera is great for catching things like cars parked on top of one another or the colon care aisle at GNC (photos I actually had on my old phone haha). Feels very sturdy, but it is brand new. I alway pay the $5/month to get the insurance now though. I dropped my old Nokia, the indestruto one above, and thought it broke. If you are buying mid contract, even the free phone is like $400. So they really have you by the bobolas in that department. I rarely keep my phone in my pocket, usually in my messanger bag, so I don't know about the lint issue. The ring tones are lame, so I'll have to get others, maybe with the download kit. Voice recognition is cool because you can use it to call any name, not just the ones that you preset for voice recog. Although the damn phone keeps confirming with you which is annoying. But I'm happy with it. The gun metal grey is actually very nice looking. I was jealous of the black, but the gray is cool looking now that I see it in person.

Mar 7, 06 10:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: