Archinect
anchor

Generative Components Workshop anyone?

bryan boyer

Has anyone been to one of the GC workshops? If so, what did you think?

Feb 14, 06 6:05 am
g-love

been to one - it gave me a unbelievable headache by the end. of course, i don't own a phd in computer science, but there was waaaaay too much scripting for my patience level. just about everything seemed to placed via scripting - certainly all the relationships and sequences of relationships had to be scripted in some way. we've had a beta license for about 6 months, but i just don't have the patience myself to make any use of it.

now, what i've seen it do is pretty damn amazing. i just personally couldn't get the sequence of things in place well enough to justify all the time spent on a simple item. it seems incredibly powerful, and very similar to digital project/catia, but much less intuitive than dp. so, if you've got the mindset to tackle everything via scripting, then you'll feel right at home.

of course, if anyone can make something like gc work with an interface like sketch-up, they're going to be very, very rich...

Feb 14, 06 11:31 am  · 
 · 
mvsuriano

Might be the most complex (and least intuitive) program I have used ever.

Actually, I take that back - I am sure it is intuitive for those with a background in programming, because it is all logic - but it is painstaking to use effectively for, I would argue, even the most tech savvy folks.

potential is awesome, but it's got a long way to go to connect with a lot of users.

Feb 14, 07 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: