Archinect
anchor

Upcoming lectures in LA

Does anyone know of any lectures coming up in the next few months in the LA area? Normally, the LA Forum is a great resource for events info, but it hasn't been updated, nor has the UCLA, USC, Woodbury sites. Sci-Arc has theirs updated, but just wondering what else is coming up. Anyone??

Jan 29, 06 12:48 pm
FOG Lite

Architectural lectures as we know them are dead, all the cool schools are just doing podcasts now.

Jan 29, 06 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Dead, huh? Thanks for the update.

Jan 29, 06 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

ucla's is up-to-date till march.

Jan 29, 06 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
rothko67

I've looked at UCLA's AUD site, and the last lecture I see scheduled was in November. Where are you looking JdesP?

Jan 29, 06 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

at the top of the homepage, http://www.aud.ucla.edu/

there is a little line that reads calendar and the upcoming event. click on that. On the calendar are dates marked in red for lectures.

Jan 29, 06 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

if you don't put your cursor over the picture, you may not see it, so make sure it is on the top left of the image.

Jan 29, 06 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

UCLA
Jan 30 (tomorrow) - Thomas Levin
Feb 6 - J. Meejin Yoon
Feb 27 - Elizabeth Diller

SCI-Arc
Feb 6 - Álvaro Rojas
Feb 8 - FAT (Sean Griffiths and Charles Holland)
Feb 15 - Taft Green
Feb 22 - Vlad and Luidmila Kirpichev

Jan 29, 06 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

wow. i could swear that the topic i posted a few weeks ago about having a "bullitin board" of lectures would solve this discussion. wouldnt it be helpful to everyone to just have a list of known lectures!

Jan 29, 06 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Ah Grasshopper, back in the early days of the internet there was a man named Alan Loomis who used to email us all a list of pertinent events in LA. Read more about it here on the right side of the page.

It would be great if there were another person out there as community minded and dedicated as Mr.Loomis, but it ain't me.

Jan 29, 06 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
Alan Loomis

We (meaning myself and other members of the LA Forum) recently met to discuss how/when/who we will be reinstating the LA calendar and email. Hopefully it will be back up by June 2006.

Jan 31, 06 1:24 am  · 
 · 
rothko67

Cool. Thanks Alan. And, let personally say that I really appreciate all the work you do.

Jan 31, 06 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i just saw on one of sci-arc's lecture posters that they broadcast live lectures here...i haven't tried it

Feb 5, 06 6:40 am  · 
 · 
Bula

Cameron's at the library on 3-1

Feb 5, 06 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Alan Loomis

"Los Angeles Area Architecture / Design Events" calendar (aka Delirious LA calendar) is back online.

http://www.laforum.org/news/calendar

There are a few nuances to work out still, and it may be early September before we get the email noticing running again.

Jul 21, 06 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: