Archinect
anchor

come on Architectural Record

jbushkey

Part of being an architect is graphic representation.  A magazine dedicated to the profession should have a basic grasp of how important images are.  I get annoyed going to AR links about a building or proposal that has no photos... todays example:
Hadid's Design for Calif. Civic Center Meant to Startle.

Hmm let's see what so startling.  Oh no picture included with the article.  Yes it takes 2 seconds to open google, but it seems like a very poor system to me.   Are they trying to avoid paying for photos?  Any idea why they do this?  I just added their emails to my junk mail list.

Apr 17, 11 11:34 am
I_wasn't_even_there!

I think the lesson here is to not use AR as a resource.  Plenty of better architecture magazines out there.  They just cost more.

Apr 17, 11 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
Jeanna

I think the lesson here is to not use AR as a resource.Try human hair extensions ,clip in hair extensions

May 30, 11 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Huh, I'd say use AR more 'cause anything else that is reasonably priced is just awful (that's you, new AIA magazine Architect, which is horrible).

I am sorry, but I'll never pay $10-20 for a magazine.  I do love AR (and have had a sub/supported for about 25 yrs now).

So go buy the magazine, keep one of the good publications still going.

(no idea about that article, though, but generally I enjoy their slideshows, much easier than other websites, still not great, low quality photos, but better than other places)

May 31, 11 7:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: