Archinect
anchor

3DSMAX CAMERA MATCH utility

montu

HELLLLLP.
I can not get this damn thing to work.....
Any tips?

Jan 16, 06 2:24 am
French

What's your problem exactly?( tip: Camera match only work properly with a two point perspective poitn of view, ie the z axis value of the target must be the same as the z axis value of the camera.)

Jan 16, 06 6:07 am  · 
 · 
montu

I can never get the damn thing to work.

I hav an image into which I need to splice in a model.
I have modeled the existing building and I am trying to get the model to overlap the existing building image.

I am either getting point error meesage or the model is wildly distirted.

When yoou say the the Zaxis value of the camera needs to be the same this is somewhat confusing.

The points I set in the image I sinply match in the model. as far as i know there is no ability to manipulate the axis and relative scale.

Jan 17, 06 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ow my freakin' ears!

Jan 17, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
montu

huh?

Jan 17, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

ALL CAP POSTS

Jan 17, 06 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

you can just trial and error it, moving camera around and lining important points up. Takes sometime and practice to get it to look right, but it works.

Jan 17, 06 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
French

My method for camera mapping:
What I meant with this z axis thing works with a target camera. It essentially means that you should have a horizontal view, where the camera target and the camera are aligned in the z axis.
Then, you should render a small resolution preview of your image, and paint in photoshop what your camera map texture should look like, based on the photograph you want to use and the point of view set in max.
Once you've done that, you apply the resulting image as a texture (not an environnment) in the diffuse slot of your material, you check the "show map in viewport" button, and then you apply it on the object.
Now, for this to work you need a high polygon surface, that you can create with a highly subdivided plane, or using the "subdivide" modifier on your object. Check "shade selected" on the "view" menu to see if it's accurate enough.
Voila.

Jan 18, 06 6:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: