Archinect
anchor

Mac Intorduces Intel Processor

ichweiB

Hey Mac users,
did anyone else see on the apple website the new MacBook and iMac now using the Intel chip?

Jan 10, 06 2:31 pm
ichweiB

yeah so I can't spell. sorry
Introduces*

Jan 10, 06 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

hmmm...macbook pro? so that's kind of like a G5 powerbook, but not really?

i'm not sure if i'm drooling just yet...

Jan 10, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 

I kept tabs on the keynote via macrumors... shows what a nerd I am. I'm giving the Intel systems a bit of time before I jump a board that wagon, I want to make sure all my apps are running native, not through Rosetta. Plus I'm waiting to see how the dual booting is going to work, etc...

Jan 10, 06 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

go ahead early adopters - get in there and figure this one out for me! sounds
intruiging - sounds like it could have additional software expense built into a purchase.

Jan 10, 06 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

supposed to be 4x faster than the current powerbooks. id get one, if i had the money well id actually probably wait till the 17 inch one comes out.

Jan 10, 06 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
db

well, maybe now I can afford a powerbook when all the diehards sell them on ebay as they rush out to buy the macbook

Jan 10, 06 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

can you run AutoCAD on it without virtual PC? didn't think so. that might slow it down to, i dunno, the speed of my celeron

Jan 10, 06 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

wow check out the ati radeon x1600 card!!! someone know how many mb it is???

Jan 10, 06 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

256 mb

Jan 10, 06 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: