Archinect
anchor

AutoCAD Quirk

Has anyone else had this problem before using AutoCAD: The layer names in the Object Properties Toolbar are all of a sudden not listed in alphebetical order. It makes it awfully hard to find a specific layer in a drawing with 50+ layers when they're not in a useful order. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be very thankful.

Jan 9, 06 12:08 pm
el jeffe

1. if you're using acad2005, open the Layers Properties Manager.
2. click on the checkbox (lower left) "Apply to layers toolbar"
3. crack open a cold one

Jan 9, 06 12:34 pm  · 
 · 

I'm using ACAD 2000 and have that option checked and I wish I had a cold one.

If it helps, the layers are disorganized in the layer properties manager as well. You can re-sort them while the manager is open by clicking on the column heading, but as soon as you jump back to your drawing, it's disorganized again.

Jan 9, 06 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

Do the "MAXSORT" command, and set the number of layers to a higher value, 500 or so.

Jan 9, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

type in "maxsort"....make sure the number listed is well over the number of layers in your drawing file (like 500 to 1000). that should work if i'm understanding your problem correctly.

Jan 9, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 

You guys are the best. Thank you!!!

Jan 9, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: