Archinect
anchor

CCA / SF

I'm thinking of San Francisco for grad schhol. Does anyone know about the CCAC?

Jan 5, 06 3:18 pm
Nell Lime

I've looked into it for grad school... one word of warning, it looks like a decent program but it's in an candacy phase.. that is it's website says it's a candidate to become accreddited and the naab.org says it isn't... I don't know much more.

Jan 5, 06 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
raiseitup

what does candidacy mean? what if you're a grad student in a candidacy program, would naab accept your degree?

seems like on naab.org CCAC is not an accreddited program. the academy of arts in san francisco seems to be in candidacy phase though (from the naab website).

Jan 6, 06 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

candidacy means it is in the process of being accredited. I believe depending on the stage of the accreditation process, NAAB lists candidacy. but I could totally be wrong. I e-mailed them about CCA's accreditation status and they never got back to me.
If you are in a program that is a candidate for accreditation and it becomes accredited after you graduate, it applies retroactively...
if it doesn't you are s.o.l.

Jan 6, 06 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
zeth01

CCA WILL BECOME ACCREDITED AND EVERYONE GRADUATING IN 2006 OR LATER IS RECOGINZED AS GRADUATING FROM AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL. YOU CAN VIEW THIS INFORMATION ON THE CCA WEBSITE.

Jan 7, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
chad_c

I don't think accreditation is an issue if you're considering CCA. The B.Arch program is fully accredited and the M.Arch program is entering candidacy review this year. Because of the strength of the B.Arch (fully accredited, 5-year) program and its overlap with many aspects of the M.Arch program, I fully expect that the M.Arch degree will be accredited on schedule.

CCA is a very energetic place, and its ambitions are rising. It remains to be seen who will be the new chair of the program (search started this spring), but I imagine that s/he will be a good source for information about where the school is headed.

There are a couple threads in the archives that deal with issues related to art & design oriented programs like CCA, Cranbrook, and Pratt. The forums are down right now, so I can't dig them up. But if I get a chance, I'll try to link them into this thread.

Aug 15, 06 4:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: