Archinect
anchor

For you tech buffs:

JohnProlly

My digi cam records mpeg [.mpg] files with "mux" - encoding.

I have an animation - rendered out of a 3d package - i'd like to be able to view on my camera for "on the go" viewing.

For every movie file my camera shoots, it records two files:
MOV00184.THM
MOV00184.MPG

I have encoded the .mov file to a mpeg1 .mpg file and "muxed" it using a MPEG encoder, renamed it in the "mov00184.mpg" standard.

I think the THM file is what's keeping it from running. When I open the THM file in text edit I some binary text garble.

it's a Sony Cybershot DSC-T5/B

Anyone know how to "crack / encode" this camera? or encode a .mov file to play on it?

Dec 30, 05 4:02 pm
strlt_typ

i found this..

"The thm files are just jpeg thumbnails for your video files. Your video files should have the exact same name, but with extension .mpg. The thm can be viewed with anything that can view jpeg (internet explorer for example). Even simpler is to rename the extension to jpg...."

Dec 30, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

I doubt it'll make a difference, but Macs don't do .thm files. But like dammson said, they're just thumbnails for viewing them on a PC and things should work fine, even if you're doing your encoding on a Mac.

Dec 31, 05 6:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: