Archinect
anchor

A nice keyboard please!

Francisco David Boira

Hello everyone:
I am currently buying some computers for the office and would like some help in regards to keyboards. Although we rely mostly on PC's we will be hooking up our machines to apple 20" cinema screens and for the most part PC keyboards look awful.

Anyways this is as close to decent I have been able to find.

Kensington Slim
Suggestions anyone?
thanks.

Dec 30, 05 2:01 pm
Regan Martin

Logitech makes some nice hardware, esp. mice.

It is a bit of a preference thing i've found. The biggest reccommendation I could offer is to go with a wireless desktop option. I didn't think it would matter but, oh, what a difference no cord makes.

Dec 30, 05 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

function over form on this one item. you risk having an entire office running home and bringing in their old standards if the fit and feel isn't what they expect. i thought the ergo keyboard from microsoft would be great for my hands, but it proved to much of a problem when it came to certain programs and the familiarity my hands grew accustomed...

Dec 30, 05 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

wireless wireless wireless

Dec 30, 05 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

I understand. Of course, I have owned several variations of these keyboards(wireless, ergonomic ect...) Thought you guys might have a suggestion for something that I be missing.
I still think this kensington is a good option...although not wireless.
*One thing we can't do is wireless mouse. Those suckers consume a lot of batteries and we don't like the idea of having to throw away Duracells every three months. Keep in mind, we use Maya which requires the use the three buttons on the mouse extensively, therefore bateries die very quickly. (in my experience 3 months tops)
Specially this guy.

Dec 30, 05 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: