Archinect
anchor

UCLA prerequisites, can someone help?

tontek

Anyone know how stringent UCLA is with their prereqs for History of Architecture survey course? It says Art History classes do not count... I took classes in renaissance architecture and 19th century European architecture classes but not a History of Architecture.
I'm just afraid I have to take an extra class before starting grad school.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Dec 28, 05 12:18 am
paperboy

They will ask to see the course sylabus of any previous art/architecture history classes that you have taken, if you have covered the material that is taught in their History of Architecture survey then you can petition to wave that class. The art history classes I took included some architecture and was enough to wave out, though I did have to show them the material that I studied and there was a little bit of persuading. My advise is that it would be very wise to know the material that the History of archiitecture class covers, don't try to get out of that class unless you have really studied it at some point. Good luck.

Dec 28, 05 12:57 am  · 
 · 
archinthecity

i hear you also have to prove you have a certain number of assets available !!! hehehe

Dec 28, 05 1:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: