garpike

Anyone else Vray Beta testing?

Dec 13, 05 3:10 pm
garpike
Less than a day of fiddling...

Dec 14, 05 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Wow, looks great! I tried to sign up for the beta testing but I haven't heard back yet. I don't know if I can wait the extra month for the full version ot come out. Does it have tileable textures or are they all UV mapped?

Dec 14, 05 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Unfortunately UV mapped. Ugh. They said they are working on a better texture map interface - hopefully much like Flamingo's.

Dec 14, 05 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

That is weird they haven't gotten back to you. They contacted me after about a day, but then again I was representing my office and not myself.

Did you use this email: vrfrhino @ asgvis.com?

Dec 14, 05 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I think that's one I used, I will try agian. I am all on my own so they may not have been too interested. And I noticed they are now on the 5th version so I may be too late.

Yeah, I understand from the maxwell boards that the main holdup for 3rd party plug-ins has been the way Rhino did UV mapping. Thus the only people willing to make anything for Rhino was McNeel. Supposed the people at Brazil are working on it for V4 and its on the back of their work that all the other rendering plug-ins will benifit.

It's very exciting to finally see so many options on the horizon. It will be interesting to see which plug in will become the prefered app for use with Rhino. So far the Brazil beta has been really buggy and difficult to get any decent results out of, but then I've been coddled by the simplicity of Flamingo.

Nice looking blog by the way.

Dec 14, 05 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Yeah, I have noticed a lot of the beta testers using Brazil as a go-around fro applying decals and texture maps. I would really rather not go this route as my office does not have Brazil. Almost forgot... I read that Brazil uses Rhino's basic material editors, and V-Ray users can (and will?) do the same. I plan to test this momentarily.

Other than these minor annoyances, I would say the V-Ray interface is very trim and easy to use. The GI just plain rocks.

Thanks on the blog. I plan to post only projects there. No what-I-had-for-breakfast type stuff.

Dec 15, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

No really, I want to know what you had for breakfast. So long as you provide photo-real renderings of it all.

Dec 16, 05 9:46 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha ok. Well, that would be easy because I eat a Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bar (Oats and Honey) and coffee almost everyday.

I'll get right to work on it...

Dec 16, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

FOG Lite, you asked for it:

Breakfast

Dec 16, 05 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Nice!

Dec 16, 05 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I know this was like TOTALLY years ago. But what was your final verdict on VRay? I have the demo and I'm enjoying it, but do find the material editor to be a pain. Also, any idea how to set up sun? Do you just use a directional light or is there a way to set the time and place?

Aug 20, 06 11:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: