Archinect
anchor

arch. grad school portfolio help - i studied history in undergrad

labphonic

Does anyone have any advice for what to put in a portfolio for grad school? I have never formally studied architecture; I studied history and history of science in undergrad. Are there certain things that are frowned upon? Are there others that help? Should I use different media?

I feel like I'm stuck.
Thanks,
Aaron

Dec 10, 05 9:10 pm
labphonic

NEVER MIND THE ABOVE QUESTION. NOTE TO SELF: ALWAYS SEARCH THE ARCHIVES BEFORE POSTING!

THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED TO SIMILAR QUESTIONS IN THE PAST.

Dec 10, 05 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
NSJ

I'm sure you got plenty of info from the previous threads on this but I just wanted to let you know that my undergraduate degree was in The Comparative History of Ideas and I had very little visual arts background (a bit of photography). My portfolio was primarily written save one essay that had numerous photographs. I did have the advantage of doing some independent studies and seminars in theories of aesthetics which often tied into architecture so half of the writing had something to do with architecture. The other half was fiction. While I know most grad schools are looking for a portfolio of visual media, don't discount the ability of written work to illustrate that you are an intelligent and creative thinker. BTW, I start my final semester in January. Good luck.

Dec 10, 05 11:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: