Archinect
anchor

autocad to viz import

sanofiSYN

I've modeled everything in Autocad and imported it to VIZ to render, but have been having problems with it. At first all the AEC elements such as the walls and windows wouldn't show up. I exploded these elements in Autocad then reexported it, which solved that problem. However, when I attach materials to any objects modeled in cad the bitmap doesn't show up - just the tone/color. When I attach the same material to an object extruded and modeled in viz it comes out fine - showing the texture and bitmap and all. Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you solve the problem? Any other tips on importing from Cad to Viz is appreciated, as well. Thanks.

Dec 8, 05 10:32 pm
chupacabra

I redraw everything in Viz from plans myself...it is much easier than dealing with file incompatibility.

Dec 8, 05 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

i might do that next time around, but i've already modeled everything in cad and would hate to redo it all in viz. Is there any way to solve the problem?

Dec 9, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

Sorry, I'm using Architectural Desktop. I linked the Desktop file in Viz, but it was still a no go. I did try modifying the UVW map, but I'll give it another go and see if it helps. Thanks Sabbo.

Dec 11, 05 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

Sabbo, you were right, I must say. It was the UVW map. Thanks a bunch.

Dec 12, 05 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
pencebor

did you try double-sided material?

Sep 7, 06 5:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: