Archinect
anchor

Sony PSP graffiti

below from
woostercollective.com

A couple of weeks ago we first broke the story that Sony was hiring kids to create guerilla graf-like PSP ads in New York and San Francisco. Back when we first mentioned it, the ads were fairly few in just a couple of different cities. But since then, they've exploded everywhere. In New York you see them in practically every neighborhood. The shere amount of stealth PSP ads that have gone up is incredible - and stupid.

this is worth checking out - will try to post pics.....

Dec 8, 05 8:34 pm
sunburntkamel

wow. every day sony continues have less and less of a sense of social responsibility.

Dec 9, 05 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Is there nothing sacred anymore? First this:

and now Sony.

Dec 9, 05 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

What is that? That is horrible. Ian had no part of it, I hope.

Dec 9, 05 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

in terms of big companies to hate, sony is the new microsoft.

Dec 9, 05 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I saw those PSP ads all over West Philly. I thought they were anti-PSP because the kids look all hypnotised.

Dec 9, 05 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Garpike, no Nike ILLEGALLY used that image after Ian explicitly forbade it. Bastards got away with it too. This was all a few years ago.

Dec 9, 05 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

quixotica, I bet Nike paid Chinese graphic designers $0.05 a day, too.

Dec 9, 05 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
sunburntkamel

quixotica - IIRC, nike officially apologized, and removed all the adverts, because dischord threatened to sue.

Dec 9, 05 4:19 pm  · 
 · 

I'm flabergasted by that Nike ad... did Nike really think that the people who recognized the album cover would buy their shoes?

Dec 9, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Thanks for the correction, sunburntkamel.

For more information on the subject, and hilarity to boot! go: here

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Dec 9, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Also, i was wrong, it happend a lot more recently than i thought. Jesus everyone get off my back already, what is this the spanish inquisition?!?!? :)

Dec 9, 05 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Also, i was wrong, it happend a lot more recently than i thought. Jesus everyone get off my back already, what is this the spanish inquisition?!?!? :)

Dec 9, 05 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

he's cracking under the pressure....

Just keep reposting Ian, it will all be OK.

Dec 9, 05 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
sunburntkamel
nike's official response

back to the subject at hand,
is sony paying kids to graffiti anywhere? or are they buying advertising space and hiring kids to paint the ads?

Dec 9, 05 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
maku

they're paying them..
but sometimes wooster creates such a fuss. street art is hot, is cool.. so what do you expect? it's a predictable thing. and you can't do much about it expect to let it take its own course.

Dec 10, 05 4:43 am  · 
 · 
sunburntkamel
sony is paying for advertising space

. in that case, i have no beef with them. we're the ones who like having our own culture/counter-culture sold back to us.

and FOG, quixotica != Ian

Dec 10, 05 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

It's not like this is a new idea. There's a few grafiti ads for US Cellular here in Milwaukee.

Dec 10, 05 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Shit! so Ian's who i have to blame for all those sXe kids?

Dec 10, 05 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: