Archinect
anchor

strawberry fields forever

vado retro

Dec 8, 05 7:39 am
liberty bell

That picture makes me smile, though in a slightly sad way. Why is that?

Dec 8, 05 8:56 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

Vado's total comment number is 1787...the year the constitution and articles of confederation were drawn up and referred to the original 13 colonies.

me too lb...the sad irony i suppose; being famous for peace is a deathwish.

Dec 8, 05 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

12/08/1980
we were doing first ever sci arc studio in new york.
me and my friend dropped acid first thing in the morning and started walking from tribeca towards north.mainly on park ave.
by the time we got to mid central park, we crossed to west side and saw about 50-60 people holding candles in front of dakota building.
my panaminian friend asked one of the man ,
-whapping meng?
the guy looked at us ,
- john lennon is gone..

we walked back to our studio/crashpad in tribeca realizing we talked like john lennon with liverpol accent all the way back after the news.
i woke up two days later to a john lennon song on the transistor radio, imagine.. imagine indeed..

Dec 8, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Duh. I remembered that yesterdya was pearl harbor day, but didn't recall the aniversary of John Lennon's death til I just eard it on NPR.

His gentle face still always makes me smile.

Dec 8, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

i went to the monument in central park on christmas eve five years ago. there were a lot of tourists who were just checking something off their lists, but also a lot of people like me for whom this spot was sadly sacred. all i wanted to do was sit and just meditate, but there was this crazy person who was just shouting at anyone who would make eye contact about how much yoko didn't care, paul didn't care, she was the only one who cared about john lennon. she had a crude display set up on the ground, which someone inadvertently stepped on. whoa, she went mad.

then she looked at me and said, you don't care about john lennon, only i care about john lennon, i have to protect his memory from all these killers.

i couldn't think of anything else to say, so i said "i don't think john lennon would want you to yell at all these people."

she left right before sunset. finally i got my chance to sit and be quiet.

Dec 8, 05 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP
Dec 8, 05 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
rutger

On tv yesterday i saw the short movie: dix minutes de silence pour John Lennon
It was filmed during the spontaeous silence atfer the murder...i kept on looking behind the silent people, trying to spot abra on acid...

-whapping meng?

Dec 10, 05 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

merry christmas, war is over... ah, well, maybe not.

i must have heard this song 3-4 times yesterday, by lennon and other artists. made me mad.

Dec 11, 05 8:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: