Archinect
anchor

Autodesk VIZ 2006

dia

This program is infuriatingly slow.

I have a laptop with a 2,0ghz centrino processor, 1.0gb RAM, ATI FireGL 128mb Graphics Card. This should be enough, but it obviously isnt. I have a relatively simple model which isnt huge [3 levels] and I can't run anything smoothly.

I have configured it to my graphics card and system.

I remember running Max 4.2 3 years ago on a [then state of the art] dual processor desktop [which I dont think it could take advantage of anyway] and had slowness then as well.

Is this my problem, or the programs problem, and is there anything I can do to make it run faster? [apart from getting a new computer].

Dec 6, 05 9:43 pm
mauOne™

what are your rendering settings?
this is the base, not really the hardware

try to work "light", no program is slow just for te sake, except MAXWELL but its just a beta they say

Dec 6, 05 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Thanks mauOne,

The problems occur during normal running, for example, when it autosaves it hangs, when you select something it hangs, when you move something it hangs.... It's never crashed yet...

Dec 6, 05 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
French

looks like you have a pre correl in your computer...

Dec 7, 05 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Boy, we have all been very busy while I've been drinking and sleeping.

Anyways, I fixed my problems - got new ATI drivers, got the VIZ Service Pack, and now shes running like a dream.... I can rotate the model without it freezing!

Dec 7, 05 3:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: