Archinect
anchor

New York top ten most recent

j-turn

you can go by the new 7 wtc to see jamie carpenter's envelope work. beautiful.

Dec 7, 05 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
AP
Dec 8, 05 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
archinaut

austrian cultural center - raimund abraham
and moss, but bring either a large wad of cash or a napkin for all of that drool

Dec 9, 05 2:37 am  · 
 · 
nonarchitect

1.The UN building ! not recent,but still my favourite
2. raimund abraham's cultural center
3. Prada ( i think its alright)
4. Louis Vuitton store
5. Rivington hotel
6. rockefeller center
7. scandinavian house
8. moma
9. lever house
10. go shopping, drinking and dancing !

Dec 9, 05 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

Go to the Lower East side and do a three, block LTL tour. They have a coffee shop, hotdog stand and seafood place all within a block or two of their office and then you can walk by and press you nose up against the store front and wonder what they are up to next.

also see the Seagrams Building, Lever House and the BRASSERIE. Go for happy hour when the drinks are just expensive instead of astronomical. They put out free canapes and hard boiled egges. Ignore the dirty looks, eat fast and drink slow and it's like getting a meal with your $10 manhattan.

Dec 9, 05 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

grand central station

Dec 10, 05 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
DoYouWantCoffee

When I'm in town I find it rewarding to walk by 57th & Madison.

Christian de Portzamparc's LVMH Tower at 21 East 57th Street is worth craning the neck. The facade is reportedly a negotiation with the building department to reinterpret the sunlight setbacks. Security never lets you in though.

Facing it accross 57th street is Edward Larrabee Barnes's IBM Building, with it's amazing 60 ft.(ish) cantilevered corner -- also kinda cool.

Dec 12, 05 7:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: