Archinect
anchor

Brooklyn dwg maps !!

Grostinmar

Hello,

I really need a dwg map of Brooklyn, it's for my last project in my architecture school ! I'm working on the " Domino Sugar Refinery " for my thesis, so it's on the Williamsburg waterfront. And i'm working on Autocad, so does anyone have a clue where to get one (for free). Or has any of you guys a spare!?

This would be so great !

Thanks a lot

Martin

Nov 29, 11 6:52 am
TheMasterBuilder

Are you refering to a site plan of the area? There's an autocad drawing of the entire city floating out there somewhere.

I'm curious though, I reused buildings in Brooklyn for my thesis project too, what are you planning to do with the Domino Sugar Factory?

Nov 29, 11 10:12 am  · 
 · 
Grostinmar

I'm refering to the area of Williamsburg or Brooklyn. I have to work on the neighbourhood at first.

And I know that there is an autocad drawing of the entire city floating somewhere ! But the thing is that, I'm french and I'm in a school in Paris... So it's hard for me to get informations easily ( like the autocad drawings ! ). I'm having lots of problem getting the Brooklyn.dwg, do you know where can I get it ? Does someone have it ?

I really loved the power of the factory when I was in NY this summer. This is an amazing site. For my project, I'm trying make a rehabilitation of the main building, to keep the identity of it. As a program, I leading to 2 solutions : a school ( probably of art, music... ) + student housing, or reintroduce an industrial program ( ecological industry ) + low-cost housing. It's a big site, so a big program !

That's why I would really need some help with a good map of brooklyn, Williamsburg or the waterfront in dwg. ( and of course later the existing plan of the factory ! )

Thanks for answering !

Nov 30, 11 6:43 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

I have something from an old school project you might be able to use.  Email me: medusa17@gmail.com

Nov 30, 11 9:03 am  · 
 · 
Emmanuel Bear

Hi! I'm in the exact same situation as Martin here,

As I'm planning to work on the brooklyn navy yard for my graduation project I 'm also looking for dwg plans of brooklyn. If anyone.out  here knows where I could get my hands on a Brooklyn DWG drawing, I'dd be forever gratefull.

Thanx a lot!

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Ps: Martin, je viens de france aussi, on devrait rester en contact :)

Jan 3, 12 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
rcanther

I am also in the same situation!! i need the brooklyn area map near prospect park for my graduation project. If anyone has it or knows where i can get a dwg plan of brooklyn please please let me know!

Thank you!!

-Raquel

Feb 22, 12 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
Ed70

Hello,

...same situation, I'm looking for a map (dwg) of Williamsburg in particular of the East riverfornt. I have to prepare my Thesis in architecture and landscape focusing on the redevelopment, parks and connections along the riverfront... (Brooklyn Navy, Williamsburg bridge, Domino Sugar Factory, Grand Ferry Park, Nordside Piers, Greenpoint...).

I'm in Italy right now, and it's really difficult to find out this type of information about this area..

If anyone knows where I can get this file and other informations, please let me know!!!
Thanks a lot

Ed

Sep 14, 12 5:42 am  · 
 · 
i r giv up

sketch from oasis maps.

google that.

Sep 14, 12 9:07 am  · 
 · 
kevinbailly

Hello Grostinmar,

I'm also french, and working on this site for my thesis.

Can you contact me at : kevinbailly.archi@gmail.com ?

Thank you very much, I appreciate

K'

Oct 11, 12 8:52 am  · 
 · 
burtonsnow5

Is there any way someone would be willing to share this wonderful information with me as well? I know these posts are old but I need that map of Brooklyn as well! My thesis project for architecture is based there and I need it too! :) any help is appreciated!

Feb 23, 16 12:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: