Archinect
anchor

exporting from MAYA to MAX...?

spiderdad

hi all....

does anyone know if there is any way you can export 3d models from Maya to 3D Studio Max...

(im using the Maya personal learning edition and Max 7)

thanks all...

Nov 24, 05 7:34 am
tobykirchener

u can try dxf or iges file..
iges retains the nurb proporties if u used nurbs in your model

Nov 24, 05 10:38 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

when i can to export models it only gives a couple of obsure maya files that i can export...

not Iges, or anything like that.
im not sure if this is because i am using the free-learning software...

Nov 26, 05 8:25 am  · 
 · 
tobykirchener

go under windows, settings/preferences, then plugin manager,
check off iges export.. then you should be able to export the file as iges, with the pull down menu.

Nov 26, 05 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
hotsies

You arent going to be able to do anything from Maya to Max with the Personal Learning edition...thats why its free..because they ensure you cant use the software for anything other than learning how to use Maya.

Nov 26, 05 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
spiderdad

gotcha...

atleast it's a full version and it's free for learning... a lot of other software makers can learn a thing or two from Alias.

thanks for your help all.

Nov 27, 05 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

spiderdad, if you check the it department of your uni they might have student licenses available to give away, it's a little know fact but they do have a number of licences of the most used softwares available for students, they usualy have a time limit of a year, at leat at both uni's i was at they had them.
otherwise...ya'meeen?

Nov 27, 05 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: