Archinect
anchor

When is Maxwell Render 1.0 coming out?

nappy

I thought release date was Nov. 22 but I guess not.

Anyone know?

Nov 23, 05 9:44 pm
manamana

december, or later. they sent an email to all their legit customers. supposedly a release candidate is coming soon though. they posted a whitepaper that makes the final seem pretty spiffy (at least for the specific uses they're tailoring it to)

Nov 23, 05 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I think the last day to buy it half price pre-release was/is Nov 22.

Nov 24, 05 12:14 am  · 
 · 
.nl

The release candidate is supposed to come out this week

Nov 24, 05 7:33 am  · 
 · 
artcrimes

maxwell render is an amazing product with a terribly flawed company. stick with vray or finalrender (or even mental ray) if you want renderings in under 1000 hours. But damn it renders beautifully.....

not much help here.

Jan 2, 06 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I am with artcrimes. Renders look great, but it'd take a hell of a miracle to get render times reasonable (at least that's what I've naively concluded based on the methods used to calculate the lighting).

Final Render and VRay's new renderers will also have most of the stuff Maxwell has anyway, and they'll be faster still and reliable. I've seen some renderings with the beta version of Final Render and it just looks soooo nice! I can't wait.

My guess is that the new versions will rival Maxwell in quality, but who knows, maybe Maxwell's gang will pull it off. Not surprising about the delays, I know Cebas isn't so great with customer relations.

Jan 2, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: