Archinect
anchor

Architecture/Engineering/Construction related T.V shows

Rasa

Do you have any suggestions of T.V shows that are related to Architecture/Engineering/Construction?What do you guys like?

The ones I know of are :

• Holmes on Homes
  • This Old House
  • Ask This Old House
  • Extreme Engineering/Build it Bigger
  • Megastructures
  • Extreme Makeover:Home Edition
Any other suggestions?

Apr 14, 11 5:14 pm
jcr

Bob the Builder

Apr 14, 11 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

I find Colossal Construction on the Science Channel to be interesting.

Apr 14, 11 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

actually, im in the process of buying a building, and holmes on homes has been ridiculously helpful... had an inspection the other day and found myself noticing things i never would have otherwise had i not seen that show... 

Apr 14, 11 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
ArchStaff_CXVI

I like Holmes on Homes too. Nothings more entertaining than discovering shoddy construction and very helpful in gaining construction knowledge.

Apr 14, 11 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
Rasa

Yes.Holmes on Homes is a really good show. Can be quite technically overwhelming for a lay but you sure do learn.Even though its Canadian and refers a lot to the Ontario Building Code,its still pretty good.
He has another show now called Homes Inspection.

Seems like his empire is expanding.

Apr 14, 11 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
junihaoni

How I Met Your Mother.

Apr 14, 11 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

I am fascinated by Property Ladder, which a show where people attempt to fix up and flip a house for profit.  It is amazing what people think they can do with a $10,000 budget.  Plus it always makes me lolz when people realize that demo is actually hard work.

Apr 15, 11 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

Flip This House.  Shows you how much respect the trades get.

Apr 17, 11 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
Rasa

I guess other other shows would be almost everything shown on HGTV. They pretty much all fall around in the same real estate/interior design/construction realm.

Apr 17, 11 9:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: