Archinect
anchor

google...erasing items searched

strlt_typ

ok...so how do i erase all traces of topics searched in google...i don't want my boss using google on my computer and finding out that i've been searching topics like "how to let go of a girl" or "sheryl crow lyrics"

Nov 17, 05 1:32 pm
digger

on my desktop i have a Google tool bar ... to the right of the word "Google" there's a little black triangle ... if you click your cursor on that triangle, a drop-down menu appears ... click on "clear search history"

Nov 17, 05 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

or on your microsoft internet explorer browser go to 'tools', 'internet options', 'content', 'autocomplete', 'clear forms', 'ok', 'ok'.

Nov 17, 05 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

some of it is built into the browser

in firefox:
Click Tools > Options > Privacy > Saved Form Information > Clear

in IE:
Tools > Internet Options > General > Clear History

Nov 17, 05 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

err.. not per is right on IE. i was mixed up (i dont' use it)

Nov 17, 05 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

In Firefox go to Tools, Options, Privacy, Clear Saved Form Information

In Safari go to Preferences, something about Forms AutoFill, Other forms, remove google.com

Nov 17, 05 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

wow those were fast responses!

Nov 17, 05 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

If I clear the forms (in IE), will I also lose stuff like my address and credit card number on my favored shopping sites? I'd hate to have to go find my wallet every time I want to buy a new pair of boots.

And since I'm self-employed I don't have to worry about anyone seeing the words "Brad Pitt shirtless" in my google searches.

Nov 17, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

i've found that you will lose some of those, but not others. it's maddening and i don't know why. i think some of the sites save information. i don't think cookies are that smart, tho i could be wrong.

if you don't want to lose that stuff, better leave your forms uncleared.

Nov 17, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

how about a "Post your google search history list" thread?
yeah, that'll go far....

Nov 17, 05 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL jeffe - but I would really enjoy reading those posts!

Nov 17, 05 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
THREADS

you're totally fired...and by you're not fooling anyone..."how to let go of a girl" or "sheryl crow lyrics"...come on.

Nov 17, 05 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

while you guys are here...how do i let go of a girl? it was cool when we first met...i was able to be myself to the fullest for a month...i told her i like her before i left the country...but after a year of not seeing her...this time around i was just too uptight...she was bored...and now i gotta deal with this shit...and i'm at work typing this...

Nov 17, 05 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

um... what you just said, but to her instead of us.

Early honesty is almost always appreciated, i've found.

Nov 17, 05 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
surface

How to let go of a girl:

Tell her you listen to Sheryl Crow.

She'll do the walking.

Nov 17, 05 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ah god Susan that was a coffee spewer!!!! thank you thank you hahahahahahaha.....

Nov 17, 05 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

oh shit...i killed it...

Nov 17, 05 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Hmmm... wait a while. Eventually she'll read "He's Just Not That Into You" and it will resolve itself.

Nov 17, 05 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
surface

liberty bell -

all I wanna do is have some fun.

Nov 17, 05 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
e909
How to let go of a girl:

Tell her you listen to Sheryl Crow.

She'll do the walking.

hey, i want the girl who would do that walking! point her this way.

also, the girl who walks if you tell her you love britney spears' greatest hits.

also, the girl who would walk if (... ad virtual infinitum)

Nov 18, 05 12:44 am  · 
 · 
e909

research password and form managers. there are some firefox extensions, and ther are separate apps like roboform (payware). i've never looked at any of these myself.

Nov 18, 05 12:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: