build boston 2005

bucksleeper

anybody going?

Nov 3, 05 9:24 pm

thursday and friday

Nov 3, 05 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

i think i'm going to the free part anyway. what is it like, by the way?

Nov 4, 05 9:40 am  · 
 · 

its generally pretty overwhelming. LOTS of product reps pushing stuff you'll never need or a client will never pay for. but the bsa awards and boards are generally pretty cool. its good to see nice design happening locally. apparently im going for my office on thursday to report back about hand held measuring devices. fun.

Nov 4, 05 2:29 pm  · 
 · 

FLM:

Don't bother just going to Build Boston if you're just going to stroll the tradeshow area. IMHO its not worth the time or T fare unless you're really looking for something to do or are looking to specifically contact some product reps.
However, there is a symposium on Friday that is only $15 and is all about non-profit/community outreach architecture, with AFH's Cameron Sinclair presenting during one of the sessions (Design Like You Give a Damn!). That would definately more than justify a trip out to South Station and you'd probably learn more from that symposium than you would in studio on a Friday afternoon.

Nov 4, 05 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

i'm going to design like you give a damn I and II on thursday. hurrah for humanism!

Nov 4, 05 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

I'll see you there 8888...

and I obviously have my dates all messed up, because there are no Friday events. I'm going Wednesday for the Materials Symposium and on Thursday for the Public Interest Symposium (all paid for by the BSA because they're nice folk).

Nov 4, 05 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

I'll be there.. the Public Interest Forum should be good...

Flying in on Thursday morning (I am speaking at 1pm i think).

Also there is a tsunami conference at Harvard GSD on the 18th and 19th. I'm speaking @ 10am on the Saturday - not Friday. Should be some great speakers there...

Got to fly to NYC on Saturday night for the season ending USL.

Cheers
C.

Nov 6, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

Rrrr ... why are all these things during WEEKDAY?

Nov 6, 05 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

come to the Saturday GSD love-in....

C.

Nov 6, 05 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

Just found out I'm speaking @ 9am on Sat. the AsiaGSD put on a good line up with some really great folks.

C.

Nov 7, 05 8:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: